calpol ok for teething?

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Seth has been having loads of teething syptoms for months now but the past 2 days have been awful. Much much worse than ever. His cheeks are bright red, dribble everywhere, refusing food (which is really unlike him because you usually cant get it in quick enough), he keeps pursing his lips and making kissy noises lol, and he's just crying all the time :( I feel so sad for him.

Is it ok to use calpol for this, and if it is, do I give him the full dose? He is almost 6 months...

Also someone please tell me how long it will be before this tooth cuts because its driving me insane. I havent slept in days :sleep:

xxx

2.5ml is all I used under 6 months after injections

Its totally up to you hun I can only say we used medicine (medised in our case) and plan to with LO #2.

x

I give Olivia 2.5 ml of calpol occasionally wen she's teething if she's really bad with it. Should be ok hun,

x

aww hun hope he feels better soon, darn toothy pegs are a pain i the arse for us and a pain for them ..but I cant give you hope on when it will be lol Max has been teething now for 3 months and im about to go nuts myself

hope he feels better soon :hugs: i too have given maddi a 2.5 dose with her teeth x

Yep we've used Tylenol for teething. Only at night and only on days when we know she's teething badly (not feeling good all day etc.) It really did help though

Its entirely up to you, you can use bonjela, teething powder/crystals, calpol etc.. I wouldn't get too reliant on calpol though as you will have to give it everytime their teeth bother them x Also the reccomended dose is 2.5mls I think xx

charlie has been that bad the last 2 weeks hes had 2.5 calpol every night as 2 teeth cut though 2 weeks ago, he wont stop waking and crying all night even with the calpol :hissy:

It says on the packet that its for pain relief, including teething pain, so you should be OK. I´ve given it to Sam on the odd occaision, but try to use it as a last resort. I just give the small 2.5ml dose.

Thanks ladies :) We gave him a dose last night and it did absolutely nothing so Im not going to try it again. No point giving him it if it doesnt work.

Guess its just the waiting game.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back