came down with a cold at 15 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by autumn_leaves, Oct 5, 2013.

1. autumn_leaves

autumn_leaves Well-Known Member

here i sit with a nasty head cold. mostly congestion and sore throat.
    my ob dr. said sudafed was safe to take during pregnancy. still paranoid to take it!!! anyone else sick? what are some natural remedies besides eating oranges and steamy showers?

2. melfy77

melfy77 Well-Known Member

I'm not currently sick (knock on wood, I HATE being sick while preggo). I never take anything other than saline spray, I'm just too paranoid. But lemon tea is AMAZING!!! Wasabi also works pretty well; it'll make you cry but I tell you, you'll feel better after:haha:

3. Jessica_MTY

Jessica_MTY Well-Known Member

i use a neti pot to rinse out my nose with saline solution and gargle with TCP antiseptic solution mixed with water. 9 times out of 10 if i do it frequently the first day it prevents it from turning into a proper cold

also i found a recipe ages ago for a tea with cinnamon, ginger, lemon, honey and a tsp of apple cider vinegar added to hot water so i always use that

also vics vapo rub

if it got really bad id probably try the sudafed

4. Jeval323

Jeval323 Well-Known Member

I just got over a bad cold, which eventually turned into strep but regardless.. OB told me no for Sudafed. I know everyone has a million different opinions, but if it's just a head cold then you will probably only have that one bad day of congestion that will be miserable. Neti pot works wonders. :)