Cameron Jack - Birth Story

Aus_Amy

Mummy to Cameron
Reaction score
Hey everyone long time Well Cameron Jack is here

He was born on Friday 12-11-2010 @ 3.12pm by planned General anesthetic C-Section. - Medical reasons for General.

So got the phone call the night before saying i needed to be in the hospital at 9:30am as they needed to monitor me for the gestational diabetes before going under..

Well was booked for 1pm but an emergency went in first.. So didn't go to theatre until 2:45pm Killed the waiting period as Hubby decided he wanted to change Cameron's middle name (BTW we were on team Yellow but bubs was going to be Cameron Boy or Girl) So we discussed options. Hubby also decided not to be in theatre while i was cut open.. He opted to wait outside.

It was a GREAT experience with the the theatre team they all came and introduced themselves to me before the section, but I already new the registrar, so we just caught up My final memory when they put me under was the anesthetist telling me they will take care of the baby and not to worry.. (There was a little concern for me, but i made sure they new my main concern was for Cameron.. Hubby made sure they new he's concern was for me).

Well next thing I remember was waking up in recovery and hubby was there holding my hand.. My first question was "boy or Girl"?

My next was were was he?

Apparently his body had been making enough insulin to sustain him, and we both had hypo's, he was whisked to NICU and was put on hourly feeds through a tube for the first 12 hours then 2 hourly feeds, for the next 3 hours, then 3 hourly feeds (I was allowed to try breast feeding before each 3 hourly feed, until my milk came in).

As i had general anesthetic I was shown Cameron as I was wheeled to the ward then I couldn't see him (was bed bound) till early the next morning when i demanded all tubes and wires be disconnected from me as i wanted to see him.. They were very obliging and removed everything, and i walked up to NICU to see Cameron He stayed in NICU until Sunday afternoon when he was discharged into ward care, which meant he could stay with me until I was discharged..

Above all it was a great experience and if allowed I will go through it all again..

Attachments

• Cameron Jack Oakey 12.11.2010.jpg
    Cameron Jack Oakey 12.11.2010.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 18
hes lovely, love the name Cameron, thats the name of my eldest xxx

congratulations, he's gorgeous! what weight was he?

congrats on the birth of Cameron! Glad to hear you are both home and doing well!

Sorry his weight at birth was 3.38kgs and length is 51cm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->