Cameron Shawn Germain - 8.23.11

cool . sweets

Pregnant - 3rd Trimester
Reaction score
REPOSTING FROM 3RD TRIMESTER POSTING

So my delivery went totally not how I expected it to. My water broke at 3 am and me and mom rushed to the hospital. There was yellow stains in my water and it was indeed meconium. I got hooked up on the monitor to watch my contractions and baby's heartbeat. I had to keep switching positions to get baby in the right position. About two hours in I had went from 4cm to a 5-6cm and stayed that way for a few hours which got the doctor to begin worrying but they kept me on the monitor to observe the baby. He said it wasn't looking like a normal strip should as his lines were very minimal and most babies on the monitor have lines that look crazy.

He was telling me that it would be best for me to get the epidural as they wanted to do internal monitoring to get a better observation and just in case I would need to have an emergency c-section. I started to cry as I didn`t want to get the epidural or even think about having to get a c-section so I thought about what`s best for my LO and I went ahead with the epidural at 8 am, and boy did it feel good not to feel the contractions anymore and feel the pain of them checking my cervix.

His heart rate was doing fine but he wasn`t moving like he should. So they kept observing closely and I had got checked again and I was still at 6 cm by 10 am. They said they were going to give me pitocin, but with the baby looking flat on the monitor, they didn`t think he would tolerate it.

They kept me on a close watch until about 12PM. I had progressed to a 6-7cm but the baby wasn`t in the right position so the female doctor pretty much shoved her hand up to the middle of her forearm to turn the baby face down and BOY did that hurt, I was crying as the epidural was wearing off and I could feel everything! It felt like her arm was in my uterus (which it technically was). I would hate to experience that again.

So she got baby to get into the right position and told me that if I hadn`t changed by 3PM I would have to get a c-section. I asked to get another dose of the epidural but she said no as she didn`t want it to slow my labor so I tolerated the pain for two hours. 3PM rolled by and I had changed to a full 7cm and plus one station and she said she`d allow me another hour to see if I had changed. I had already been in labor now for 12 hours.

4PM came and I had not changed, sadly. I started to cry as I was being told I had to get the c-section. I had got another dose of the epidural to prep me for the section. I was really scared being rolled into the operating room. I kept asking for earplugs as I did not want to hear anything that was going on, but I didn't get them.

My mom was prepped to be in the room with me as I was getting the procedure done. I held her hand for dear life as I was feeling them tug and pull during the procedure and that got me crying even more (I didn't feel anything, just the thought of my insides being cut and tugged at just made me cry). Once I heard that the baby`s out, I heard his cries and looked at him and just bawled at the sight of him! Then the anesthesiologist shot a dose of Morphine in my epidural and I had passed out. Good thing as I didn`t want to feel them stitching me up.

I woke up about 45 mins later and kept asking to see my son. Heard a lot of compliments on the way to the recovery area to get my meds before going to my recovery room. I didn`t want them to keep me much longer away from my baby, lol.

I finally got to my room and met up with my mom and my aunt. I was happy to see my little boy for the first time since I only got a glimpse of him before passing out. I held him and felt complete. The doctor came in and told me that it was a good thing they went ahead with the section as my cord had gotten a knot in it and every time I would have a contraction, it would constrict the cord from flowing blood to the baby. My son`s had to fight to get his way out, lol. My little fighter. Even though my delivery didn`t go as planned, I am happy that he got out safely!

Cameron Shawn Germain born on 8/23/11 at 4:52PM, 7lbs & 2.5oz - 19 inches long. Original due date was 9.4.11 ; he decided to arrive 12 days early to meet me ! :baby:

Attachments

• 300163_10150266361861205_626496204_8167735_1367058_n.jpg
    300163_10150266361861205_626496204_8167735_1367058_n.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member