CAMHS result tomorrow...

BabyJ'sMummy

Reaction score
It's been such a long road for us and we've had so many ups and downs of wondering if DS has Autism or not. A few months ago our SALT had concerns again and so did I so she referred him for diagnosis to CAMHS. Since she did though he has shown remarkable improvements, so much so that neither me or OH believe that he has ASD. We went ahead with the CAMHS assessment anyway and we meet with them tomorrow for the results. I'm starting to get nervous because we've been through so much and we're so sure that he doesn't now but what if they turn round and tell us that they think he does?? I should explain that DS had hearing loss for probably at least a year due to glue ear and had grommets fitted about a year ago. His progress after getting the grommets hasn't been as quick as a lot of other children but it's picked up so much now. xxx

Sending you :hugs:, we are going through the same thing but haven't gotten as far down the line. Some days I am convinced LO is on the spectrum, other days not so sure. Will you finally have your diagnoses tomorrow?? It really is an emotional roller coaster, I am sorry I couldn't offer any advice, I wish you and your family all the best. :hugs:

I hope that they will say he isn't on the spectrum but because he isn't three yet they may say it's too young to say either way and we'll be playing the waiting game again :-( What stage are you at? At one point DS was ticking pretty much every box for ASD but now I would say he hardly ticks any. I'm still glad we've went through the whole process though because we would never have known about his hearing and got that sorted early. It's true that you need to be an advocate for your child though when it comes to getting assessed etc. xxx

My son was flagged by his nursery teachers, his speech isn't great for which we are seeing a SALT, we have seen a pead already who wasn't overly concerned and said she would see him again in 6 months time. I have just seen his nursery teachers again and they state my LO doesn't speak in class, he only plays with some kids, and always chasing games, nothing else, he will not also use their toilet. He likes going nursery do no probs there, he is dry day and night, he eats well, sleeps well, his level of communication is not great but I am not sure if this is to do with his speech. We have a OT coming to our house tomorrow and the school are going to arrange for a Education Psychologist to visit the school to assess my son at school. It breaks my heart, I always leave the school in tears, I am sure some teachers actually don't know what I look like without my puffy tear streaked face.. I hope you get the results you want tomorrow Hun. Xx

I know it's really difficult but take whatever help gets offered to you and don't be afraid to ask for extra help whether it's for your DS or for you. If I could have asked for something in the beginning when we were going through all the emotions of does he/doesn't he it would have been to have someone to offer us support, just someone to talk to but I think it's very difficult to get that without having a diagnosis. There is a brilliant website called ASDfriendly, I know it's been mentioned before on here but they have a pre-diagnosis forum and are just absolutely brilliant and so so supportive :) xxx

Just wanted to update to say that CAMHS found that although DS scored for a diagnosis of ASD (ADOS test) he doesn't present as having ASD and they do not believe that he has it. They want him to continue with SALT and are referring him to Occupational Therapy as they have concerns over his motor skills. Overall v pleased, they felt the same way that we do. I think if they had seen him 6 months ago they would have diagnosed ASD but he's progressed so much and hopefully will continue to do so :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->