• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

camping meals help.

welshcowgirl

mum to 3 ds and pg
Reaction score
next week we start our holidays. we will be away in ourcampervan for 2 and a half weeks. we will chi shopping before we go. but only have limited space. we will be able to stop and top up along the way. but we are only moving 3 times. and the last place we will be there for 8 nights. so has anybody got any meal ideas, using mainly tinned foods, or stuff that has long dates. many thanks.

ide buy fresh veg & have veggie meals if you dont have fridge space for meats & fish etc.

u can use pasta, rice, tinned tomatos, tinned kidney beans etc.

u can do hot dogs,
pasta with tinned toms & veg mixed in, (or what ever you want)
jacket potatos with beans (and cheese),

xx

eta u can buy most veg in tins.

chilli - as you can use pasta/rice with tinned chilli and tinned sweetcorn/ bagged salad on the side.
Pasta and sauce - cant really go wrong there.
if you got a grill then sausages with Smash (ready made potato mash - just add water)
you do get the pie's in a tin - but tbh i wouldnt recommend.
maybe get some ciabatta as lasts a bit longer then bread and good toasted as alterative to pasta.
UHT milk - lasts forever. just make sure it chilled before use as doesnt taste to good other wise.
Dry noodles with a sweet and sour sauce (sort of camping stir fry) you can also normally get a tin of mix veg to go with it.
any thing egg - scrambled/omlette/dippy

tbh honest almost all camp sites have small shops on site so i just go buy what ever meat i need on the day - also i nomally stick with beef/pork as less likely to get food poisioning.

hmm sure will think of some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->