Can a follicle disappear?

NicksMom

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum. I'm 37 and trying to conceive #2. I have PCOS, but was able to conceive my son via IUI.

I just started back with my fertility doctor and we were going to try an unmedicated IUI cycle this month. I went in yesterday for an ultrasound and they viewed a 14 follie. Today, my OPK showed a positive surge, but when I went in this morning for the ultrasound the follie had disappeared w/no evidence of any free fluid. Has anyone heard of a follie just disappearing overnight? My RE says he won't know if I ovulated until he does a progesterone test in one week. He says the follie might have collapsed, but he is not sure and is confused too.

Anyway, he called off the IUI and said just to have intercourse and wait.

Feeling so frustrated, any insight appreciated.

Wish I could help but I have no idea. If it was a cyst it would take longer than that to go away. Maybe your RE is right :shrug: I haven't run into this myself because my RE doesn't do an ultrasound after +OPK. I only have my baseline on cd3 and a follicle check a couple days after I stop my meds.

I'm sorry if this is odd but I was watching a show on tlc where tge same thing happened. She had an ultrasound an dr confirmed an egg but within 15-20 minutes prepping for the procedure she ovulated. Dr said for her also to have intercourse and is good they pinpointed the time.. There idea is to start earlier next month. I don't know if this helped but just wanted to throw in my two cents:) best of luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->