Can a smear test affect ovulation or ttc?

wildworld

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
I'll be having my first smear test soon (in the next month or so maybe). I've been watching YouTube videos and it's making me want to vomit because they made me feel so uncomfortable. I literally put my hand on my pjs down below and squirmed. Safe to say DF thinks I'm crazy :haha:

I've read it's best to get it done mid-cycle as there's less mucus about. I don't want to do it this month, so I think around a month from now. Do any of you lovely ladies know if a cervical screening can affect ovulation or ttc in general?

I've read that some women got pregnant very soon after a smear (I'd love if this was the case for me!). What are people's experiences with it?

xx

I had my first one on Monday. I didn't plan it around any time of the cycle and they didn't ask me too. It only hurts a little when they open the speculum but that maybe because I have endo and women with endo seem to get more pain from internals than other women. Other than that its pretty painless and don't be embarrassed they've done it a thousand times.

I doubt it can affect ovulation or TTC but that's something to discuss with ur Dr or nurse. U may get spotting after but that's cos they are fiddling with ur cervix xx

I had my first one on Monday. I didn't plan it around any time of the cycle and they didn't ask me too. It only hurts a little when they open the speculum but that maybe because I have endo and women with endo seem to get more pain from internals than other women. Other than that its pretty painless and don't be embarrassed they've done it a thousand times.

I doubt it can affect ovulation or TTC but that's something to discuss with ur Dr or nurse. U may get spotting after but that's cos they are fiddling with ur cervix xx

Thanks so much for replying hun, sorry to hear about your endo
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"