Can any hairdressers help please!? x

Lydiarose

Reaction score
Posted in GS but it was locked . . .

Hi girls to cut a long story short after i had oscar i went to a salon to have my hair dyed a darker brown i came out and was coverd in a huge rash all over my chest and had a weird tingly swelling sensation in my lips.

Went back a few months later told them about said reaction so they recommend a more "natural dye" called aveda and that theyd use foils,again i came out went home exactly the same thing happend but more severe took an anti histamine and went to the drs the next day who told me i was very likely allergic to a chemical called "PPD" in all permenent hair dyes.

Sinse then i used a semi and again same thing!!!

Ive done alot of research sinse then and PPD is is all SEMIS AND PERMANENT dyes,even these "natural" ones are ussualy ammonia free not PPD free.

Im really really sick of my hair,its mousy brown and just eugh i hate it!

but obviously im very nervous to have anything on it because this time it could be really serious,

Ive been speaking to our mobile hairdresser and shes suggested Blonde highlights a t section using foils? she said bleach does not have ppd in and it wont go on my scalp so cannot cause a reaction??

I reallyyyyyy want it done but im scared! advice??

If its in foils and doesnt go any where near your scalp you should be fine, your hair dresser will have to be very carefull!
To be honest i dont know much about what is in the colourents but the only colours ive heard of that are completley natural are herbal (NOT HENNA) but againg you'd have to check for sure that the ingrediant isnt in it also with the veg dyes you could only go darker or the same depth of colour it wont lighten your hair!

As long as no colour goes on your skin you should be fine! HTH x

Im a hairdresser My mum has a reaction to hair dye so i do highlights of bleach and shes fine - as long as it doesnt touch your scalp/skin you 'should' be fine. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->