can anybody please reassure me about my nuchal translucency results!

jadekay

Reaction score
at 12 weeks pregnant i went for a combined NT screening to see my chances of my baby having downs syndrome. The nuchal translucency measurement was 3.6mm, with that alone my chance was 1:30 for downs. When combined with my age which is only 18, and my blood tests which were fine my risk dropped 1:1020. I had a scan at 14 weeks, everything was fine and the routine 20 week scan, everyrhing also fine. Im just so worried! What do you think?? Thanks

where I live I didn't get numbers, I just got a high or low risk. combined with your bloods that's low risk and if your scans looked ok then I would try not to worry about it x

I had mine done last week and I am 39 so age alone I am at an increased risk. My NT measurements were 2.5 and before the test, my risk for downs was 1 in 100. After the scan and my blood work, my results were 1 in 218. The way my doctor explained those results were that I have a 95% chance that my baby will be perfectly fine! Those are pretty good numbers to me!
For the Trisomy 13 and 18, before the test my risk was 1 in 188 and after the scan and the blood test it went to 1 in 3741!!!!!!!!! :happydance:
I hope that helps a little more. :hugs: Good luck! BTW I go back on the 23rd for another scan just due to my age and history I am considered high risk.

everything looks fine from that hunny, looks like a very low risk im sure thed have said something to u by now if they were concerned xx

the best way to look at it is you'd have to have a litter of 1020 babies :baby: and if you put them all together - only one of them would be affected by downs!! xx

Hun, try not to worry about it. Like the other posters have said, you have a really low chance of having a Down Syndrome baby (1 in 1020 is a 0.1% chance of baby having DS, meaning that 99.9% chance everything will be fine!). You are young so that really works in your favour - I hope everything is ok for you, but if you are not sure and need further reassurance then I think you can have an amnio or a CVS to check.
xxx

Hi, all I can say is my friend's son's test came back as high risk - 1 in 30 and he is a perfectly fine 3 year old boy now. Scary at the time but she knew whatever happened she would love him just the same.

Sounds like your baby is going to be just perfect hun!!! Try not to let the "odds" scare you... they are just odds and good ones at that :)

:hugs:

I wouldn't worry about it. Honestly wish they would stop giving this test, it is known that the results are not very accurrate and can cause false worry. I am sure your baby is perfectly fine with no signs of Downs or any other issues of that sort.

My sil's dd had a high nt measurement, but it turned out she was just further along than realised. But, as pps have said, ur low risk- and if ur 20 week scan went well too then im certain u have nothing to worry about. I know noone can give any of us any guaratees, but u wouldnt have been given a low risk result if there was cause for concern xx

Hun, try not to worry about it. Like the other posters have said, you have a really low chance of having a Down Syndrome baby (1 in 1020 is a 0.1% chance of baby having DS, meaning that 99.9% chance everything will be fine!). You are young so that really works in your favour - I hope everything is ok for you, but if you are not sure and need further reassurance then I think you can have an amnio or a CVS to check.
xxx

Sorry, thinking about it I think you might be too low risk to have amnio or CVS. A lady my DH works with is 1:50 (she must be in her 40s now) so she is having an amnio - I think the NHS threshold is somewhere around 1:250 before they start doing extra tests (but everywhere is different) so I'm sure you will be fine chick. I have a stupidly low risk factor (1:50000) but there is still a chance that I could have a DS baby but I try not to think about it.
xxx

I am 39 and my scan and blood test results came back as 1:2543 which was pretty good considering my age

That's a low risk hon. In my last pregnancy I had a crazy low result of 1:281,000 :)shock:) and they told me that was "low", but I think anything lower than about 1:100 is considered low? Not sure really, but I'm definitely sure you're low risk. Of course it doesn't mean it's not possible though; they never rule it out. But the chances are you will have a totally non Downs baby.

xxx

Sorry, thinking about it I think you might be too low risk to have amnio or CVS. A lady my DH works with is 1:50 (she must be in her 40s now) so she is having an amnio - I think the NHS threshold is somewhere around 1:250 before they start doing extra tests (but everywhere is different) so I'm sure you will be fine chick. I have a stupidly low risk factor (1:50000) but there is still a chance that I could have a DS baby but I try not to think about it.
xxx
I don't think that's the case, with my low result (see above) they still offered me the CVS, but said they would strongly recommend I didn't bother, since my results were so good. But they seemed to give me the option of having it if I wanted to. TBH I don't see the point, even if you're high risk, because it could be harmful to the baby, and if you're going to continue with the pregnancy it just doesn't seem worthwhile to do evasive tests. Obviously if you would terminate then it may be worthwhile knowing more, but if you have a low result I wouldn't worry about it personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->