Can anybody tell me how to resize a picture?

Plumfairy

Mum-mum-mum-mum
Reaction score
Trying to resize a picture but dont know how... Got vista and my photos open with windows photo gallery.. dont know if thats any use.. :shrug: Sorry if Im being thick... :blush:

You will need an image editing program. One of the most simple is IrfanView. It's a free program, just google it. It makes for easy editing of images.

As above you will need image editing program then resize it on that and save it away and it should work!

:D

if trying to resize to upload hon, i often just right click and open with paint and save, which makes it smaller in size.
and for my avatar's lately i've found this excellent:
https://www.shrinkpictures.com/

thanks for that neyney, that programme looks fab, i'm just downloading it now :D x

If you open it in paint, then go to the "image" tab, then select "resize/skew" and alter the top 2 boxes with numbers in to what size you want it to be (it usually works on percentage so if you write 75 / 75 it'll be reduced by a quarter size...) :) works for both enlarging/reducing but obviously if you enlarge it by alot itll be poorer quality.

Oh and make sure both numbers are the same EG, 20 / 20 not 20 / 40 or you'll end up with a skewiff pic =D !!!

simple :) x

edit: oh and you can do it more than once so if its still too big/small just reduce or enlarge it again!! x

Thankyou Ladies and man! :D Dont know what I'd do without you! :kiss: xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->