Can anyone explain the 4+2 thing ?

StueyandBecky

Daddy to Christopher
Reaction score
Hi all

Can anyone explain the number thing I see dotted around everywhere ? 6+3 5+2 etc

I'm assuming it's to do with conception/last period ? Becky doesn't have periods so we are trying to guess when we conceived, we think it was around 1st March onwards as that was her last negative test although it was only a cheap one so may not have detected if she was a couple of day by then....

Is she 5+0 then ?

Confused....dot com :blush:

It's weeks + days pregnant 4+2 would be 4 weeks 2 days pregnant

Hope this helps

x

Don't worry I was confused by that too - pregnancy brain!!!!! :dohh:

Yay, that makes sense now! Just worked out the 1st negative test was 22nd Feb so she might be a week further on :happydance:

Typical bloke to say that though, sore boobs and nausea for Becky :hugs:

Aww congratulations :) It's nice to see daddys posting on here too! :hug:

Hi all

Can anyone the number thing I see dotted around everywhere ? 6+3 5+2 etc

I'm assuming it's to do with conception/last period ? Becky doesn't have periods so we are trying to guess when we conceived, we think it was around 1st March onwards as that was her last negative test although it was only a cheap one so may not have detected if she was a couple of day by then....

Is she 5+0 then ?

Confused....dot com :blush:

Congratulations!! Pregnancy tests don't generally show up positive until about 13 or 14 days after conception but you can get a positive result as early as 10 days after conception on a sensitive test in some cases. You then need to add on an extra 14 days as pregnancies are dated from the start of last menstrual period which would be 14 days before conception if the woman has a completely regular cycle.

You don't say when your first positive pregnancy test was but as a rough estimate you could assume that Becky was at least about 4 weeks pregnant by that date. Hope this helps - it is a bit confusing until you get used to it if you don't have a regular cycle.

Last :bfn: was 22nd Feb and 1st :bfp: was 27th March, the digital clearblue test said 2-3 weeks and gp thought about 4 weeks ?

Purely guessing games I suppose until the 12 week scan, we've decided to get a private scan about 8 weeks at the end of this month to ease the usual worrying all expectant parents get. 1st ante-natal appointment (at least I think it's antenatal) is end of the month, this is the one with the urine sample/height/weight thing ? It says the 1st visit can be up to 60 mins. All totally new to us both! :laugh2:

Last :bfn: was 22nd Feb and 1st :bfp: was 27th March, the digital clearblue test said 2-3 weeks and gp thought about 4 weeks ?

Purely guessing games I suppose until the 12 week scan, we've decided to get a private scan about 8 weeks at the end of this month to ease the usual worrying all expectant parents get. 1st ante-natal appointment (at least I think it's antenatal) is end of the month, this is the one with the urine sample/height/weight thing ? It says the 1st visit can be up to 60 mins. All totally new to us both! :laugh2:

That sounds about right, the clearblue is not particularly accurate but it is supposed to give an indication of time since conception, so you need to add 2 weeks onto that which would suggest 4 to 5 weeks. Good luck with everything and congratulations again on the pregnancy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->