Can anyone explain to me what a lotus birth is, and the benefits?

monster91

Reaction score
I have no idea what it is, but would love to know.

thank you

A lotus birth is leaving the umbilical cord and placenta attached to baby until it naturally falls off. Many tribes/cultures do this, it is nothing new. It is done in some tribes as a survival thing, other tribes do it as a spiritual thing.

The benefits would be the same as leaving the cord attached until it stop pulsating to give the baby all the blood, iron and oxygen he/she needs. Some also say the cord of a lotus birth comes off much more smooth and sooner than the cord of the stump when cut. Most people I know who have done that do it as a more spiritual ritual than anything else.

I don't believe there is any evidence that Lotus Birth is common practice. I have read that the iKung tribe and some Australian Aboriginal tribes have practiced Lotus Birthing but there is no hard evidence this that I have been able to uncover. In modern times it is happening all around the world but it's still very uncommon and very misunderstood with even medical practitioners and birth workers misunderstanding this practice altogether.

There is a Lotus Birth Support Thread here on Baby and Bump that you can find here: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/home-natural-birthing/865993-lotus-birth-support-thread.html

I've had two Lotus Births and many of my good friends also Lotus Birth. I'm happy to answer any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->