can anyone give me tips or advice on co-sleeping please

staycutee

mummy
Reaction score
my LO is 6 days old and although i hadnt planned on doing so, for the past 2 days he has been sleeping in bed with me when he naps (i nap too) and all night.

i havent had any problems but im aware that some ppl dont recommend it. anyone got any tips to make it safer?

he sleeps on the side agaisnt the wall, and i dont smoke or drink.

thank youu :)

well personally i wouldnt have him on the side next to the wall just incase he manages to squirm down by the side of the bed ... could you get a bed guard?? they tend to have mesh bits so they cant suffocate? i used to have daisy on the outside when she was teeny as she didnt take up too much room and i slept kinda around her so i could stop her falling out of bed. now she sleeps in between me and OH but she only co sleeps for a couple of hours at most now as she is settling better. do you use a duvet or sheets? how big is your bed?

sara

xxxxxxxxx

thanks! the bedguard sounds like i gd idea, i didnt even know they existed! im in a single bed and i sleep with duvet over me but with lucas on top of it swaddled in his own blanket.

xxx

I purchased something called a snugglenest by Summer, got mine from amazon for about £20. Ok it only lasts 6/7 months but that thing was a life saver, by the time she was growing out of it anyway she was ready to go in her own bed.

You seem to be doing ok there. Make sure your LO is not near your pillow/s, their face should be level with your chest :thumbup:

thanks, i was wondering about that (how high up they should be)xx

yeah they should be quite low down just for suffocation with the pillows, i tend to gust lay on my arm as a pillow and lie half way down the bed with her i would just say be carefull with him on top of the duvet just incase you pull it up over yourself or move etc and you move him too:) :hugs:

Everyone already gave you some good advice. Make sure baby can't get by pillows, blankets or inbetween wall and bed.

Pull the sheets tight, too. And be careful that you don't have so many clothes on that they could suffocate if cuddled up to you. I dress LO so that he doesn't need much covers, so he doesn't get lost in my covers. He sleeps at chest level on my right side and I usually keep my right arm above his head all night, separating him from my pillow. I definitely wouldn't put LO on the wall side unless you have the bed guard. I did that once while sleeping in a twin when visiting family and he managed to get his head wedged between the bed and the wall! :shock: NEVER again! If necessary, put the mattress directly on the floor in the middle of the room. That way if LO happens to fall off the mattress, he doesn't fall far and doesn't have anything to wedge against (but the bed guards would be a better idea).

Better yet -- with such a small bed -- get a co-sleeper (like an Arms Reach). I got one and it has been a LIFE saver for me.

I didn't intend to co-sleep either, but my LO had other ideas. I went with it and now love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->