Can anyone offer some advice please?

Jasmine1

Reaction score
I am having real issues with my 4 year old sons toilet training. We have been trying to train him since he was about 2 1/2 and I have come to conclusion he is just lazy. We have tryed all the normal methods like sticker charts and treats and praise but all without prevail! I am now at the point if he has nothing on from the waist down he goes to toilet just fine but the second he's got pants and trousers/shorts on he seems to think it's acceptable to wet/poo himself. I have now started to train my daughter who is 2 this sunday and she has taken to it like a duck to water. I'm really at a loss as to where I go from here, can anyone help?
Also you should know that pretty much from birth right to when he turned three he has suffered with constipation although he has grown out of this now fortunatley.
Any advice offered would be greatfully recieved. Thanks for taking the time to read this. x

Hi hun you aren't the only one in this boat, my son is exactly the same and to make matters worse he starts school on wednesday and i'm so worried.
If my son has nothing on he 2 is fine but omg after 10 mins of having something on the bottom half we have an accident, even if i've took him to the toilet minuets b4, i've had days where there's been no accidents but they are far and few between :hissy:
But what winds me up the most is he'll do it and sit there and deny it, it's as if he doesn't realise.
Karlum has mild autism but i feel this is been ued as an excuse to many times :dohh: i feel stuck in where to go, my 2 year old is due to start toilet training but he follows his brother so much i feel it will affect him in his progress as well.

Oh no offence but I'm sooo relieved that I'm not the only one suffering this. If I were you I would wait til your 4 year old is at school before trying your 2 year old at least that takes the 'copying the older brother' out of the equasion. My 4 year old also starts school on Wednesday I am really starting to panic I have tried the training again this week but with no progression. I might have to send him in a pull up for the first week and then speak to his teacher about it, but I have just come to the conclusion that Benji is just incredibly lazy. I know it will happen as you don't genrally hear of a 10 year old in a nappy but I am becoming so frustrated now as I think at 4 he should be dry day and night. aaarrrgggg! :hissy: Rant over, thank you replying to my message as it's very reassuring to know I not suffering on my own. x

My son was exactly the same. He is 5 now and it fine.

Right up til school he was being lazy and not going to the loo in time and yes, there were a few accidents (both varieties!!!) at school. We tried talking to him about it and his teachers did too none of which seemed to sink in and then one day it must have just clicked and we dont have any problems now. Although we've only just convinced him that standing up to go for a wee is fine!

I was always told by many people - from my mum right through to health visitors that boys are notoriously difficult to toilet train and almost always take longer then girls. I wouldnt worry - it will just fal into place and the teachers at school deal with it all the time - they are always well stocked with spare pants and patience. If you have a word to explain at the beginning of the term it should be fine.

Good luck! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->