Can anyone recommend a good

mommatoabeaut

Momma of 3
Reaction score
contraception.
After this baby. I am not doing this ever again lmao

Things ive already tried

Implant - body didnt take to well to it and i just continuously bled.
Injection (Depo) - Got pregnant, but baby grew wings in 2011
The pill - Obviously didnt work, being 30 weeks pregnant and all lol

How old do you have to be before theyll tie your tubes?
My mom got pregnant on the coil..so dont know whether to go for that

Just seems this familys immune to contraceptives. Quite a few kids have been born due to failed contraception.

This pregnancy has definitely put me off anymore. Ive never been in so much pain, never been this exhausted and never been in and out of hospital so much in my life.
The every 3 hour night feeds with my son werent as exhausting as this not being able to sleep cuz of spd lark. I cant even stand to make a cup of coffee without my pelvis feeling like its about to pop out of place. I crack even when im sat down.

Most PCTs say you have to be 30 with more than 1 child before they'll do sterilisation. That's what I'm hoping to opt for - I do keep umming and ahhhing but I think 3 children is more than enough for my body (and my pocket! lol).

Hubby's not allowed near me when this LO arrives though - it's not that contraceptives don't work for us. It's just that we're far too lazy! :blush:

I too am wondering what will be the best contraception to use..
not because I don't want more children, we definitely want another in a few years, but a few years at LEAST!
The oral pill isn't suitable for me, I really don't want to go on the depo shot again after TTC for almost 3 years after coming off it for this baby.
I don't know why but im not really keen on the idea of the coil, I think im going to try my luck with the implant x

Are you UK? I am sure it is different there, but here in the US, it's between you and your doc if you get your tubes tied and when, there in no age requirement. What about having your husband fixed instead? After three kids, I decided it was his turn to do his part, so he schedule his vasectomy.

Me too i want to breast feed and there is no way im risking it and OH hates condoms he says there too tight and he ends up looseing his hard on lol im swaying towards the coil as a friend of mine had it and she still aint got caught pregnant

ill mention it to him,doubt hell like the idea. so ill just cut it off while he sleeps :p

My hubby had a vasectomy in January. We don't want ANY more kids. Mind you we didn't want any last time but I tried the implant and I did nothing but bleed constantly for months and months and months so I ended up getting it removed...and we kinda didn't sort out any more contraceptive, other than charting and withdrawal, which obviously didn't work very well. doh.

Have a chat with your GP - althought there are 'rules' about who can have what and when, if your reasons are sound they may go ahead and do it anyway. GP may be able to offer something thing else - maybe combining 2 methods?

Me and my doctor already discussed what I want after baby is born...I want something that in another 2-4 years will allow me to have kids. So we choose Mirena IUD, and not only does it fit off hubbys little men...it makes your periods lighter! (if you have heavy periods to begin with) Plus it is good for 5 years and can be taken out any time and you can start trying for babies once its out.

Thats what I am going for, cause this little girl I am pregnant with...I was on the pill and took it correctly!

Me and my doctor already discussed what I want after baby is born...I want something that in another 2-4 years will allow me to have kids. So we choose Mirena IUD, and not only does it fit off hubbys little men...it makes your periods lighter! (if you have heavy periods to begin with) Plus it is good for 5 years and can be taken out any time and you can start trying for babies once its out.

Thats what I am going for, cause this little girl I am pregnant with...I was on the pill and took it correctly!

I had the Mirena and loved it. I had no period until I was ready to start trying again. I had no cramps, etc. It was wonderful. (I do know a small percentage of people have problems with it including way heavier periods, but then they just have it removed and its fine.) I would just say that if you want another child, have it removed a couple of months before you really want to start trying. It can take a couple of months to get your system back to normal. My doc made it sound like I shouldn't have it removed until I wanted to get pregnant and implied it would likely happen really fast, so we waited and waited, then it took a while to make things happen. My new doc said it can take up to 6 months to get your system back to normal (it took me more like 6 weeks).

Although if you are looking for a permanent solution, I personally am a fan of making DH take some control and getting the big V. I've taken care of the birth control for us for 15 years- its his turn! Plus its far less invasive than what we would put our body through to have the same result.

Me too i want to breast feed and there is no way im risking it and OH hates condoms he says there too tight and he ends up looseing his hard on lol im swaying towards the coil as a friend of mine had it and she still aint got caught pregnant

I'm reading this and thinking I can't take the pill and BF?!

I did not know this!

Aaargh!

You can take the mini pill while breastfeeding. It's slightly different hormonally than the regular BCP's, but it will still prevent pregnancy and not affect your milk supply. I'm in the States, though, so don't know for sure if they have that over in the UK. You could ask your doctor about it.

you can take the mini pill in the UK too and breastfeed but you have to take it at the same time every day and the window for forgetting is much smaller than the normal pill.

This is def my last so hubby will be getting the snip after this!

The new coil is very effective and I think it's stats are the same as the pill. Years ago the coil was only around 80+% effective and my sister got caught on it but things have changed with it so worth speaking to your GP. My sister got sterilised in her 20s as she had 2 children and didn't want anymore but that was about 15 years ago so not sure what the rules are now.

Im going with an iud... pills dont work w me... depo is great lasts 3 months but makes you gain weight..eek lol...gl!

I had the depo because i wanted to gain abit of weight. i lost sooo much after having my first i looked ill. and i couldnt put it on. the more i tried the more weight i lost.
it didnt put any weight on me. and didnt stop me from getting pregnant either

I'm not really advocating this as a method of contraception, as I know the risks, but DH and I used nothing but the withdrawal method for 5 years.
The first time we stopped I got pregnant within the month, I was amazed because I had been certain I must have fertility probs to not get pregnant doing withdrawal for that long. They do say it actually has a higher protection rate than some contraceptives, which is weird. Anyway, if you end up back on the pill or something, you could always do withdrawal as well (some guys like doing that too, if you get what I mean :p), that way you've got a sort of back-up as well until you find a more concrete solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->