Can anyone recommend??

Doesn't your LO's bottom weigh a tun after all that? lol

I really want to use Terrys but I need a fold that will ensure Cassidy still fits into her bottoms and allows her to sit on my lap in the upright position lol

Can you get smaller terry nappies perhaps for a more snug fit?

i think u need to use fitteds to get a more snug fit, or just try lots of different folds and see which one works best

x

When Freya was younger I occasionally used a muslin instead of a terry with a wrap over the top (I use Little Lamb wraps) it was a lot less bulky but no where near as absorbant. As Cassidy gets bigger the terry will seem less bulky and big on her, so maybe see if a muslin is good enough for now? Do you have any? I have loads if you want me to send you a couple? You would have to use a liner as well I think.

:)

Really a muslin square? They don't look thick enough (unless it's just the ones I have?)
I have a few yellow ones my sister gave me, I normally use them for breast feeding to stop the milk squirting everywhere lol would I need to perhaps use a couple together with a liner (or 2) then a wrap??

Yeah they are not thick, I only used one when Freya was really small, as her Little Lambs were still too big for her and a terry was massive on her. She was also pooing loads, lol, so I was changing it pretty constantly. Yeah you could try using two. I use them for everything, along with terries! They are constantly covered in sick or wee, lol.

I guess it's just trying stuff 'til you find something that works. Do you use cotton terries? I think bamboo ones might be a slimmer fit, maybe try one of them? I don't know. Maybe try what ellie says and try a fitted nappy under a wrap? Have you got any? :)

I started by buying terry towels and some wraps from nappy elite which don't fit over the terrys! I have 3 little kiwi nappies which would fit better if it wasn't for the bulky flaps you have to fold over as the liners, shame they are attached as I would use the nappy without them and substitute with a thinner more lightweight liner!

I've been looking online all day for a shaped nappy to try but again there are that many, I just keep umming and ahhing and not really making up my mind!

I'm definitely going to keep the terrys and try them again when she is older and bigger and I'm going to test run the muslin idea tomorrow and see how that goes!

What are the best brand of shaped nappies (just encase the muslin idea doesn't work) and where do you ladies get them from? Also what is your preferred stockist of Motherease products???

I will get this, I WILL I WILL!!!! :thumbup:

Just adding that basically I'm stuck at the moment because the wraps I got were a bit rubbish! but Dippy dee has kindy offered to send me some on Tuesday (Dippy dee <-----:hugs:)

I'm either going to be getting on with cloth nappies by the end of next week or sectioned :haha:

Lol! I will give you a Little Lamb Bamboo fitted with a wrap if you like? I have been sorting through my nappies and have loads of these. If it helps you decide I'm happy for you to have it! :)

I've tried the terrys out today and they are so bulky her trousers don't fit over them!

lol yea, they can be kinda bulky hun, I always buy clothes a bit bigger than I think he'd need with a sposie to give some extra room... Nice thing with a girlie is that you can get beautiful wraps and show them off under cute little dresses and skirts with plenty of room :)

I've tried the kite fold, and 2 others i'm not sure what they are called??
Did you see the site I recommended for you with different terry folds? Definitely worth trying a few different folds, you'll find some are much less bulky I think.

Are the prefolds any good? I was thinking of getting a few of them and some wraps to go on top but would like some feedback from ladies who have tried them!

The motherease wraps are lovely and have found a lot of sites that praise them, but everyone does them at slightly different prices so I don't know which is the best site cost wise!

If the prefolds are any good, will the motherease wraps be okay to go over them?

I haven't used prefolds, but I know some people love them... I imagine they'd be less bulky at least! I think you'd be just fine with a motherease wrap over a prefold of you'd like to try that :) As for the best price for the motherease, I got most of mine second hand on ebay and usednappies.co.uk, but I also got a couple of brand new plain coloured ones from a discount site called snazzypants.co.uk - although they don't guarantee colours or stock levels, they are brand new and much cheaper than anywhere else which is great. I found that with a couple of my pre-loved motherease wraps, if they'd been used lots before, the edges could get a little rough against his skin where someone has forgotten to do the velcro up in the wash and the wrap has "attacked" itself!! But as long as you do the velcro up to wash, I find that the new ones stay very nice and soft against his skin :)

HTH

Shadow xx

this lady has some lovely ones in
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250493338726&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

:happydance: I ordered a couple from this lady, dippy, and they came today: Vince is wearing one now, and so far so good! They are very very cute and seem very well-made, as long as he stays leak-free in these I may well order more: What a fantastic price, and such cute patterns too!! :thumbup:

Shadow xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"