Can anything slow down real labour?

lindblum

3 girls + 1 on the way
Reaction score
Like lying down ?? Or certain positions?

Theres not really any stopping real labour however there are certain things you can do to help labour along ie using gravity to help baby move down

Thanks, I'm not looking to stop it, just slow down enough until my husband gets home!

Warm baths can help. Some people get told to get out of the bath during labour as it relaxes then so much it stops it. I don't think this is the case though if you're waters have broken.

Lying down and rest can slow it down a little too.
Is it your first? If so, early labour tends to be slow. My partner was working 200 miles away and I was in labour for 24 hours before phoning him to come home x

It's my fourth, previous Labour was 3hrs. Waters not gone yer but contractions are 3mins and 6/10 pain :(

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions, but good luck!

Good luck!! How many days has it been since your bloody show? Is there anyone else who could help you till your husband is home? I wish I had some advice :hugs:

With my second every time I sat down my contractions slowed so I was on the move to keep them closer .good luck hope he gets there in time x

Well nothing slowed it down, hubby got home in time 830, baby was born at 10:50am! Fourth day after bloody show

Wow that was fast! Massive congratulations I'm glad your husband made it xx

I got in a warm bath during established labour last time and either it totally stopped my contractions or I couldn't feel them in the water. They started again as soon as I got out though.

it depends what stage of labor and how far dilated you are. In the beginning i notice that if i sit and stop moving my contractions will slow way way down, but if i am up and moving around then they keep coming quick and strong. Maybe sitting down and resting a bit might help keep things moving at a slower pace?

Congratulations!

I'm glad your husband made it in time.

Ahhh that's so exciting!! Did you just go right into labor or did you have intense BH before? Cramping? Share the wealth and a big fat congrats!!

Here's to a healthy and happy recovery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->