Can baby asprin help even if I haven't got a clotting problem?

bumpyplease

Mummy at last!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to learn more about the benefits of baby asprin so if anyone has any info or good or bad stories please let me know.

I've had 2 miscarriages in 3 months both at 8 weeks. I had numerous blood tests after the second one but they have all come back normal.

I've read stories of people taking baby asprin even though they haven't had a clotting disorder diagnosed under the doctors recommendation of "it won't hurt" and could help. I've also heard it can help thicken the lining of the cervix and can help with implantation.

Would anyone recommend ba and do you take it when you are trying to conceive, from ovulation onwards or from bpf onwards and for how long?

Many thanks in advance for any advice

Hi there, I paid to see a private consultant and he advised me to take 75mg asprin daily, he said that sometimes women only have clotting problems in pregnancy! I have also had 2 mcs no testing for me tho until i've had 3!!! I am currently 7 weeks pregnant again (by accident!!!!) lol, I started taking the asprin right after I saw the consultant. Maybe 3rd time lucky for me, who knows, I am very chilled out about this time, which my mw says is great!!! I am not expecting it to work out, but then at least I will get testing. Ran out of savings so could not continue privately!
Me personally I would say take it, but of course that is your decision.
I always suffered from migraines and headaches and haven't had one since being on asprin?! Coincidence? I think not!!!!
Good luck sweetie.

hi, after my daughter i had 4 mics and 1 ectopic my consultant took loads of bloods and scans and advised there was no explanation for the mcs so he then said if i fall pregnant again he would suggest baby asprin from when i get my bfp untill 10 weeks i then fell pregnant and started it and then went in toi have a healthy little boy i do not know if its down to the asprin but i belive so as i fell pregnant again back in march and didnt have any baby asprin and miscarried at 5+3 so it may well be that the asprin did help to sustain my sons pregnancy x

Thanx ladies for the info very helpful.

Think I will buy some tomorrow and give it a go!

Hi I've had 3 mc at 9.5, 10.5 and 12.5 weeks, however I've had healthy pregnancies in-between so don't qualify for any testing. I did think this was abit unfair and did alost of research on low dose aspirin and high dose folic acid(5mg) and went to see my gp and asked if she would prescribe them for me, which she did. I take the folic acid everyday and am going to only take the aspirin from ovulation. My doctor said that If either of them was a problem it could make a big difference and if it wasn't it couldn't do any harm. I would strongly recommend the folic acid as apparently there was a women on tv who had 18 mc due to being deficient in folic acid and then went on to have a healthy pregnancy. Also my gp said most fertility clinics dealing with recurrent mc automatically put their patients on baby aspirin and higher dose folic acid. So defenitly worth a try x

thanks for everyones advice! im gonna take the plunge and get some today.

good luck to everyone else also !

I've taken baby asprin all 3 times that I got pregnant. 1st time was Megan - and was told to stop taking it at 6 weeks by my dr so I did. 2nd pregnancy I had been told to take it as Megan was very small & I had a small placenta - so that dr said to take it throughout my pregnancy & she would tell me when to stop in later pregnancy. THat pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 6 weeks. Then I got pregnant again & was taking baby asprin - again miscarriage at 6 1/2 weeks. I was told to keep taking the baby asprin as all women that they refer are put on the baby asprin. So I'm taking it all the time - not just after o or after bfp or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->