can balance problems be mistaken for being light headed

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi lady's

Ok so I have quite bad health anxiety so generally need a lot of reassurance.

A couple of weeks ago I had an ear infection and had to use this spray since the ear infection I have been able to feel fluid stuck in my ear I can hear it in my ear if that makes sense

a couple of days ago my balance started going funny and I generally felt off balance and I started getting anxious about it and constantly thinking about it also feel a bit lightheaded and finding it hard to concentrate on certain things mainly whey I'm in shops etc . . .

I went to the doctors and she looked in my ears and said my ear drum looked dull which suggested fluid behind it she prescribed me some meds to help with the balance and dizzy problems I been getting and said it was a symptom of my ear problem

when I got the tablets I read the instructions that said to consult your doctor if you have a family history of blood clots as it's know to form alone clots. Well my mum got a blood clot which was the result of a different medication so I've not taken them because I need to speak to the doc plus it says they can make your drowsy :(

Anyways despite the doc, my oh, my mum and 2 friends telling me these are normal symptoms of ear problem I'm still getting really anxious about it all :(

the doc I saw was not my normal doc, my normal doc knows what I'm like so is good at reassuring me but she is on holiday atm

but because my fixating on the problem it seems a lot worse and I keep thinking I'm lightheaded and dizzy

can being off balance feel simular to being light headed?

I keep feeling my body trying to go into a panic attack but I'm managing to control it atm but it's driving me mad and I just want it to all go away

I know some of its in my head because like atm I'm practising for a piano exam and when I'm doing that I forget all about it and can concentrate will whereas right now I'm sat on the sofa writing this and I am feeling a bit like I'm swaying/off balance/ lightheaded

:( Ergh can someone reassure me I'm ok

Problems with your ears are associated with balance. Thats when when you were a kid you were told to hold your ear to help you balance on one leg!

But does being off balance feel simular to being a bit light headed?

I know how you feel hun, I have bad health anxiety too, it can get really bad when youre worrying about something!

Problems with balance are definately associated with ear problems, my OH has ear problems and he often goes dizzy. Calm down and stop worrying about it. The fact that youre worrying about it so much can also make you feel lightheaded, its a vicious cycle! When im having my worst anxiety moments, I often feel lightheaded, without even realising its my anxiety. Have you got something you can do to take your mind off it? I honestly know exactly how you feel, and its the worst feeling ever. Im sure youre fine though hun, honestly! Feel free to PM me any time xx

As I'm sure you already know, your ears control your balance so it sounds like your ears are still recovering :) try not to worry, give your ears a bit longer to improve :)

When I was pregnant with DD I started having dizzy spells, I was really light headed. I was worried about anenia or something but it turned out to be an ear infection. Once the medication kicked in the dizziness stopped.

Thanks ladies I'm hoping my normal doc is there next week

I'm going to go back because she gave me some meds to stop effects but I'm worried about the whole alone clot thing

would have rather her have just given me something that will sort my ear

Promise it's to do with your ears, hun!

I had lots of ear infections when I was little and it ranged from feeling slightly light headed to not being able to walk :rofl:

Your lightheadedness should go as it gets better xxx

Light headedness is Defo part of the ear infection!! Hope you feel better soon!x

Massive hugs, health anxiety is crap :hugs:
The lightheadedness will definitely be part of the ear infection. Also I find when I'm mega anxious I get lightheaded too (although of course, I can never rationalise it at the time!)
Hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->