Can guys be broody too?

LadyofRohan

Mummy to Éowyn
Reaction score
So, I admit, I had no idea what "broody" meant before coming to these boards. :blush: In fact, I had to look it up in the dictionary to get a general idea (something pertaining to nesting hens?). Anyways, I assume it's a common UK term because DH knew exactly what I meant when I said it.

So, can guys be broody too? DH just emailed me to say he was sorry that I was broody with no baby, but still glad that I was broody in general...I was wondering if broodiness is catching :haha:

Lol, i'm incredibly broody but my OH isn't (yet), i hope it's catching too :cloud9:

My DH has been broodier than me for longer than me, so guys definately can be. :D

Definitely, I know someone who is my age (16) and keeps asking his girlfriend if they can have kids, talking about 'Little Baby Wiggin' etc. My OH would like kids for sure but he doesn't think about them right now...

My DH has been broodier than me for longer than me, so guys definately can be. :D

Ditto. Must be catching though coz I really didn't get it before.

hahah i had to look it up too :rofl: where are you from hun xx

hahah i had to look it up too :rofl: where are you from hun xx

Born and raised in Virginia Beach, VA! Though DH is from England, so he can usually explain the differing terms to me :haha:

I could basically guess what it meant by the context in which it was used, but I had to make sure :blush:

Definatly, my OH has been broodier than me for years, mother nature has only just caught up with me and is now screaming BABY in my head 24/7 :rofl:

Seriously though OH has been bugging me for 3 years to fall pregnant. I have been the sane one holding onto the breaks, infact last week he went into mothercare with my in laws to pick out the prams, cribs, clothes and other essential items.. :blush: We haven't even started TTC yet!

My OH is definitely as broody as I am, he's just better at hiding it in company!! Don't know about broodiness being catching- we both started being broody at the same time. One of the first conversations we had was about baby names, just over a week after we got together!! It's one of those things that we've always been on the same page about. We quite often talk about parenting and stuff, and he starts the conversations at least as often as I do!! I'm so lucky! :cloud9::cloud9:

Beca :wave:

my OH needs to hang out with all of your OH's and maybe he'll catch baby fever as well!

no but in all seriousness... i understand my OH's reasoning and i know he does want to be a father one day, but he still likes being the child and isn't ready to give that up... at least he admits it! :thumbup:

:blush:Alright ladies fill this American girl in lol What is broody? And DH? I'm sorry to ask but I'm new and really trying to catch on

:blush:Alright ladies fill this American girl in lol What is broody? And DH? I'm sorry to ask but I'm new and really trying to catch on

DH = Dear Husband

Google describes broodiness as : the instinct controlled by maternal hormones that causes the female to want to set on eggs for hatching and to care for the chickens that hatch. :rofl:

No seriously broody means that you just have the instinct/urge to want to concieve a child, you have babies on the brain and everytime you see a pregnant lady/baby you get all gooey and jealous that it isn't you. :blush:

DH = Dear Husband

Google describes broodiness as : the instinct controlled by maternal hormones that causes the female to want to set on eggs for hatching and to care for the chickens that hatch. :rofl:

No seriously broody means that you just have the instinct/urge to want to concieve a child, you have babies on the brain and everytime you see a pregnant lady/baby you get all gooey and jealous that it isn't you. :blush:

I am sooooo broody! And have been for a LONG while :blush:and my soon to be DH is not quite as broody as me but definately getting there! Thanks so much Pluto for answering this newbies questions. :hugs:

I am sooooo broody! And have been for a LONG while :blush:and my soon to be DH is not quite as broody as me but definately getting there! Thanks so much Pluto for answering this newbies questions. :hugs:

Its fine hun, we are all new at some point ! :hugs:

I used to think DH meant dead husband :blush: Then I was like hrmmmm there appears to be alot of those around here, maybe I'm wrong.. :rofl:

My hubby is deffinately NOT broody. LOL. He is adament in starting in january, and will not give me a reason why. Only because that is when we said we would start. He is frustrating sometimes. Our friends wife is giving birth next week and it made me more excited when I saw her yesterday. I`m not jealous because I know my time will come, it just makes me more antsy.

DH=Dead Husband LOL, that is so funny, it took me awhile to figure out the terms at the beginning

It sounds like he most definitely is broody.. My DH was broody before we decided to have a child. He isnt anymore he is happy with 1 child, its me thats broody for the next one!

Is there a different term that you would use in the US?

It sounds like he most definitely is broody.. My DH was broody before we decided to have a child. He isnt anymore he is happy with 1 child, its me thats broody for the next one!

Is there a different term that you would use in the US?

I think the term in the US would be baby fever(or something to that affect) and I've definately got it!!

Mine became officially broody this week when his sister had a baby. All of a sudden he was willing to TTC a month early!!! :happydance: Go figure. lol.

Absolutely - I think my DH is more broody then me and has been for years! I was "Oh no, babies aren't for me" but he was convinced I would change my mind...and he was right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->