Can I announce on facebook now or should I wait 2 more weeks?

SaraEmily

Mom of 2 girls
Reaction score
I'm 10 weeks now. We had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and have heard the heartbeat twice so far, last time was yesterday. So everything appears to be going well. If it were you, would you go ahead now or wait 2 more weeks just in case? I'm super excited to let all my extended family know.

If you're excited let them know :) you've got a very low risk of anything bad happening now you've seen the heartbeat!
You will be fine :) <3 x

Me, personally, I would wait the 2 weeks just to be safe. Why not announce on Thanksgiving day? (If you celebrate it)

I am going to wait to announce on Christmas, when I will hopefully be almost 15 weeks pregnant, just because I like to wait until special days to announce and make it even more memorable. With my son, I announced on Valentines, when I was 13 weeks along :)

It's a very personal decision, if you would be comfortable with the people on your Facebook knowing *if* something were to go wrong, then definitely tell. If it feels like the right time, then it is xxx

I announced at 9 weeks, after I had seen the heartbeat twice and seen two ultrasounds of my so far healthy, wiggly baby. I know I should have waited until 12 weeks but I just couldn't wait! I had a miscarriage last May and I knew from the day I found out with that one that something wasn't right. This time, I feel completely at ease and very confident. It's all up to you and what you feel comfortable with! :)

We announced on Facebook at 6 weeks, before we even had an appointment. I was just so excited I had to share! And it was nice to share pretty much my whole pregnancy with the family and friends that were interested.

There's always a chance of something going wrong, even during labor. I refused to dwell on what could happen (even after a threatened miscarriage), and instead focused on enjoying every section that I was given.

It's all about comfort zone though and individual preference!

There are no rights and wrongs as to when to announce ... Just when you feel it is time :D x

Announce it whenever you like;) with my son we announced at 12 weeks, with my daughter we announced at 14 weeks, with this one, I will wait until 14ish weeks again...but there is no right or wrong answer to this. Its what you feel comfortable with;)

With this pregnancy we announced at 10+5 after the scan (but we told the family at 8 weeks after an early scan). At this point the baby is considered a fetus and miscarriage risk is really low, something like 0.5% and not really different than 12 weeks. It's your decision :)

I went as far as typing up the announcement with the scan picture included, but chickened out and didn't post it. I think I'll just wait. I feel like if I post it now then I'll jinx it.

I like the idea of announcing on Thanksgiving. :) Any ideas on how to incorporate a Thanksgiving theme into my announcement?

I like the idea of announcing on Thanksgiving. :) Any ideas on how to incorporate a Thanksgiving theme into my announcement?

That's when we plan to announce to my inlaws…I'd love to hear ideas too!

How about something about putting a bun in the oven that isn't due to be out until X date and attach your ultrasound picture? Or maybe just share it with "today I am especially thankful to be X weeks along with a baby due on X date"

Announce whenever you want to!

With my DD we had an early scan at 7 weeks & told all of fb land then. We had told close family the day we got our BFP!

With this one we were going to wait a week to tell close family, but got our BFP on the day of DD 1st birthday party, so shared with close family at the party. Not having an early scan with this one, but should be around 12 weeks at Christmas so hopefully will have the scan & share the news at new year!

I have two suggestions, but both are really cheesy.

The first is dress DD as a turkey and make a big egg next to her with hatching in June 2014.

The second is dress DD as a pilgrim or an american indian but get a 2nd outfit for baby to be and hang it on a hanger with coming due in June 2014.

I announced my pregnancy at 12 weeks, only purely as my cousin announced hers the day before I was going to and since it was her first and my second, she should have the lime light. It kinda back fired as OH's cousin announced the day after us, so there is no perfect time!

I announce whenever I feel comfortable with the pregnancy. With my first, I was 5w6d!!! With my second, I was almost 13 weeks. With this one, I was almost 9 weeks. For me, it all depends on when I feel that everything is gonna be fine. :) so, if I had a real urge to tell, I'd go for it!!!!

I announced it at 8 weeks. People who don't speak to me found out. My exciting news so I wanted to spread it. I lost my first in july. So for this pregnancy I am enjoying the here and now

I think it all depends on what you want to do and with what you feel comfortable with. I wanted to wait until 12 weeks, but family already guessed so I couldn't hide it as I had the glow and whole pregnancy look already. We then spilled the beans. I will only have more support now.

I tell almost everyone right away. I have had multiple miscarriages and I know I appreciate the support. I also want to avoid the "so, when are you having another baby?" remarks when I'm in the midst of a loss. Also, I believe in God and prayer and I know I need others praying for me.

I mean, a part of me wishes I could wait until 12 weeks and give everyone the chance to be happy for me without the asterisk of "don't get too excited yet" beside the announcement. But it is what it is.

I haven't said anything on FB yet as everyone who needs to know already knows and the remaining 'friends' on FB are not in my life enough that I need them to know about all my miscarriages.

And I can't really think of any cute ways of announcing your news. I'm not creative in that way and I am a bit more blunt so just like to say things up front. With our first baby (which we lost) it was due in Christmas so when our whole family went out for a meal we asked our nephew if he would want a cousin for Christmas. That was as creative as we got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->