can i ask u ladies........................

camerashy

Reaction score
i have always considered full term to mean 40 weeks

but since being on this site ive noticed eevry1 refers to full term as 37 weeks

my mw even says full term =40 wks

im taking it that baby would be ok to be born at 37 wks but have also been told as on my other babies that they put on at least half a lb per week on the last few weeks.......so am happy to leave lil misssy in there till he end to fatten up :)

37 week is considered full term, After 40 weeks you are considered over due.

x

i was told ill be lucky to get to full term and my consultant reffere to it as 37 weeks...i think the mojority of people consider full term to be from 38-42 weeks and anything over 42 weeks is over due. x

Hey hun,

I am not sure where you are from, so I can only speak for where I am from as I know the Us and UK may do things different.

In Canada 37 weeks is considered term and if labour happens actually anytime after 36 weeks they will not put a stop to it as baby is strong enough to survive on the outside but may not be as large of a weight as if you went to 40 weeks.

40 weeks is considered your due date and here (I know this is different everywhere) they can and WILL let you go to 42 weeks making you 'overdue' after 42 weeks you have to make the decision of inducing and or a C section!

Hope ive helped hunny xx

I hear you about leaving them to fatten up! My son was born 42 weeks 7 days as doc went on vacation...(nice huh!) And was only 6lb 13 oz!! I can imagine if I had him at 37 weeks! Truthfully I think they had my dates wrong.. but hes a healthy happy 4 year old today!! xx

i didnt know this either untill mummy to be posted her 37 week full term bump pic lol x

my mw said from 37 weeks is full term , im trying but it aint comming out loll .xx

yeah Mum told me today that bub is pretty much good to go at 38 weeks really.... they just have say to 40weeks so it's... just right? i dunno.... but yeah i look fowards to 37weeks :D!!!!!

I always thought full term was anything between 38 to 42 weeks x

A normal pregnancy lasts 40 weeks (280 days) from the day of your last period.
Only 5% of babies are born on their due date, most are born within the 2
weeks either side of it. (38-42)
37 weeks is considered full term because baby is fully developed by then,
although they do still need to gain weight in the last few weeks.
They say to have your hospital bags packed by 36wks just incase, as
technically baby could come at any time, although its probably best
not to set your heart on 37wks because you could end up carrying on
for up to another 5 weeks (week 42)

From 37 to 42 weeks is considered to be the normal length of pregnancy. Obviously it varies from pregnancy to pregnancy and that wide range also allows for inaccuracies in dates etc. The baby will come when it's ready, which in some women could be as early as 37 weeks, but for others if it came then it might not be 'ready'. I went 2 weeks over with my first, but she showed no signs of being an overdue baby when she was born (no peeling skin, etc and she was only 7lb 7) so either my dates were wrong, or I just take longer to bake my babies! lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->