Can I be preg? Positive seven days after period

maybesbaby81

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have what appears to be an unusual case as I have been google crazy for the last six days. My last period started on August 8th and ended on the 12th (five days as usual). I always track my period and it was right on time so I don't believe it was an early miscarriage but who knows :( I had unprotected sex on the last day of my period and probably for the next couple of days after that. I started spotting very pink and watery on the 18th. I never in my 35 years have spotted so I knew something was up. I took a test and it was positive. I took three more tests after that and they were all positive. I took another yesterday and still positive.

What worries me is that I have been spotting ever since the 18th. It is not a lot of blood at all and what started as bright pink is now trailing off to brownish in color. Could it be a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage? Or could I really be pregnant. The doctor said they won't see me until I am 6-8 weeks as it would be too soon to pick anything up via ultrasound. Has anyone experienced this? I would be bummed if it turned out to be a false alarm but the timing just seem too too quick. \

Thanks all!

No real experience but some people do still have periods while pregnant so maybe you conceived the cycle before.... Do you know when you ovulated in your last cycle, did you DTD around then?

Spotting is worrying although many have it mans all turns out fine, but make you monitor how you feel and if you have any pain..... I'm very aware of ectopics due to my history so be vigilant, I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Best of luck. Xxx

Your getting positive tests so that means your pregnant, some spotting in early pregnancy does not necessarily mean you are miscarrying ,usually with a chemical pregnancy tests will be faint positive then never get darker and eventually turn negative then AF starts, I think the fact your spotting turned brown is a good sign as brown means old blood. I would continue testing for now and then go in for a 6 week ultrasound.

Thank you ladies for your input! I will keep my fingers crossed, your posts make me feel a bit better. I am super impatient so this is going seem like a forever wait until the six week mark. Heck, I am not even sure when that would be if I happened to conceive before my period.

When does one start counting the weeks? I have read conflicting things. Some say starts with first date of last period while other say first day of missed period.

Sorry just did the math and realized you say you had a period Aug 8th then a positive test on the 18th? so thats CD 10 you got a positive so I do think you were pregnant prior to your last period otherwise you would be around ovulation time.

I've had a couple friends who, by the time they missed a period and realized they were pregnant, were actually closer to 8 weeks at the missed period because they got pregnant the cycle before but had a normal or an almost normal period so they had thought they were out.

So it is very possible.

No more bleeding today. It's more of a thick creamy light brown discharge now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->