Can I do this?

LuckyYem

mum to 2 beautiful girls
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

We are moving at the beginning of Jan (yes I know we're mad what with Christmas AND dd1 birthday on 28th Dec :dohh:) can I leave dd1 in the nursey that she's already in (she's goes 5 afternoons a week to the schools nursery) and change schools for her in Sept? We are only moving a 10min drive away and if I changed her I would have to still drive her because of the location of the new house, its on its own but with 4 surrounding villages. The nursery of my first choice school is not great. She would need to move twice as such if I was to change schools for her in Jan so I was thinking of leaving her where she is until the summer holidays then starting her afresh in Sept. I have looked on direct gov etc and I'm confused!

A bit of background as to why were moving now... We live in a small 2 bed , first floor flat we have been here over 2 years and had no intention of moving BUT in the last 6 months we have had 2 sets of truly awful neighbors move in. We live in a small 'block' of 4 flats. The one 'next' door as such have been a nightmare they are only young (no offence to anyone!) And have a baby. Every weekend they end up drinking and arguing, he smashes the flat up, she calls the police, she packs his stuff, Monday rolls round and they are all fine again! We have had her banging our door because he's smashed her phone up and done a runner with the baby!! At first she had my sympathy - for want of a better word - but now its EVERY weekend its driving me crazy! They also have their friends over until the early hours, playing music, shouting around outside - under our windows - and running up and down the stairs - the stairs run along side our living room so its constant bang, bang, bang! Although all of the above is annoying we could live with it then the issues with downstairs started! She is a known drug addict - crack, kettermine and cannabis. When you come into the communal area the smell of cannabis smoke is overwhelming and last week it was actually seeping into our flat!! She has drug users in and out all the time, one of them has convictions against children!!! We have complained to our landlord who ha, on several occasions, complained to the management company but NOTHING has changed. So I have been looking for somewhere to live, but its hard going we live in a very expensive part of the country but on Friday I found this house went to view it yesterday, the landlord offered it to us on the spot we came home and talked it over because its in a very strange location - it is a detached house built behind a petrol station so no garden, but looks onto open fields and lovely walks etc. Its 3 beds, has a seperate dining room and massive - we could fit our flat into it at least twice over all for exactly what we are paying now!!

Thank you if you got this far, sorry it ended up turning into a rant :dohh:

Being in a school nursery doesnt mean you will or have to move up to reception. If she is settled no point moving her unless you have to and then apply through to the new school for reception.

Hope the move goes smoothly.

Thanks all sorted now. I was worried the nursary would make me move her because its brilliant and we are moving out of the catchment area also they normally has a waiting list but I spoke to the teacher today and she agreed to keep dd1 until they finish for the summer holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->