can i dye my hair?

Hellymay83

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can dye your hair during the 1st trimester? Last time I was pregnant my hair was natural with a few highlights so I just let them grow out, plus it was short so was having it cut every 6 weeks.

Now it's red and passed my shoulders and in desperate need of root coverage :haha:

Yup its safe as long as you're in a well ventilated area

So glad you asked this as I was going to ask!!!!! Need a cut and dye :D

I just bit the bullet and coloured my hair today. It was awful with almost 2 inches of regrowth. I used ammonia free dye and made sure there was lots of fresh air.

I dyed mine last week Hun just opened all the windows xx

I had mine blonde as usual the only thing i've read is that due to the hormones it can change how your hair takes the colour. My friend had to change her colour completely when pregnant as her usual just wouldn't take at all :shrug:

Hiya lovely, im a trained hairdresser and I wouldnt recommend anyone doing it before 12 weeks (but i think everyone is actually different with this) anytime afterwards make sure the room is ventilated and wear gloves, also if you have bleach to use a cap instead as it dosent directly touch your scalp. Also the hormones may make the dye turn out a different shade that you want so do a skin AND strand test 48 hours in advance! ive dyed mine throughout my pregnancies and both babies are fine <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->