can I give formula 1 time while I go to a wedding

stomp110

Reaction score
Iv been invited to a wedding reception would it be ok to drop feeds between 6-11 to attend it?
Shes never had formula before?
My supply is really Low and wont be able to pump enough to keep her happily while im gone...

Any ideas?

I had to supplement with formula sometimes due to loss of weight & LO not gaining weight till 6wks. Luckily LO took to a bottle straight away but some babies don't. It might be worth trying LO with a bottle before the wedding night.

Also you can pump little amounts & store them together in a freezer. I pump once after morning feed or if LO sleeps for a long period, I only get 30ml/1oz but it builds up over the days.

Like pp said I would not wait til the night of the event to try her on formula. But one bottle here and there should not effect your supply. In fact, I plan on introducing formula (it's too much of a hassle to pump for the FEW times I plan on going out to pump) in tiny amounts, like one ounce in the bottle, so she can adjust to both bottle and formula.

I agree that maybe trying the bottle beforehand would be a good idea.

Also, I always pump when lo eats so my supply stays the same as what he would eat. I'm sure one time won't do any harm though.

Again I agree that trying first would be a good idea, my LO is hopeless at bottle feeding, it goes in his mouth and then gets pushed out the sides, he chokes all the time and makes a horrendous gasping noise. Just so you'll know what to expect, your LO will probably be absolutely fine but it would be good to know what to expect!

Also, it is probably a good idea to make sure you have slow flow teats x

I found medela calma teats worked well, or MAM or NUK.

I wouldn't wait til the event to try formula - sometimes they can't stand the taste of it.

I would just pump little amounts and freeze til then, and if you are really struggling, add it to formula. I found mixing the milks helped with the taste

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->