• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can I go to the first fertility appointment alone?

Ginger84

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Hope someone can advise me.

I have been given a fertility appointment in a couple of weeks time ( bumped up from first week in January) which I was really pleased about. However my partner cannot attend this date at the hospital. As it is the initial appointment I know they want him to attend. When I spoke to them
They said if I cancel I go back to the bottom of the list at the end of jan. the thought of now having to wait another 7 weeks Is so frustrating!!!

Did anyone else go alone? I don’t want anyone to look down on me for him not coming, I just really don’t want to wait any longer. We’ve been trying 19 months now and have had all the initial tests done at the GP.

Thanks

If cancelling starts you over on the list, I would go alone. Can you video call your partner at the tike of the appt? That way he can be involved if not physically present?

I had thought about that, just didn’t know if it sounded a bit odd! Maybe I’ll suggest it to him. Thanks

my husband is a dr and forgot we had an appt so i cancelled cuz i wasn't going to go alone. depends on the problem though. i knew there was nothing wrong with me and hubby was a pain about doing a sa so i wanted him there to hear from dr that he NEEDED at sa done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->