can i have a vaginal birth at 35 weeks?

georgina.miss

Reaction score
Hi all:flower::flower::flower:
------ ive had quite a few problems starting from about 4 weeks ago and all seem to be getting worse the further i get along!

basically the doctor dsaid today if things carry on the way they are then they will want to deliver him a few weeks before term i.e 35/36 weeks but she didnt mention a c section or vaginal birth?!

I desperately dont want a C section its my worst nightmare ( dont know why) and really, really want a vaginal birth but i dont think its looking this way.....when she said about delivering him early would that mean a C section because of the complications im having?? I totally forgot to ask but will make sure i do on Friday....Thank youuuuu xxx

they will induce you unless they have to get baby out there and then, my son was born my natural vaginal birth at 33weeks after 13days labour. they are less likey to deliver by c-section because as premmies go they thrive better after natrual birth (my son scored 10 at 1 min and 10 at 5mins) because of natural birth getting all the fluid and mucus out his lungs etc. hope this helps was a few years ago now but still :D

think it would all depend on what the complications were that was causing him to be born early.

if a vaginal birth would put too much stress on him then they would go for a section if not then they would prob induce you

Oh fab, this is so reassuring :) im obv going to find out for definite but this gives me hope! :)
Thank youuu
xxxx

all depends on the problems but at 35weeks baby will be tiny bit small but be fine xx

vaginal is deffo possible, my DD was born vaginally at 34+6 :thumbup: xx

ashnbump your LO actaully spent more time in hospital than my 33weeker :D x

unless theres a change baby might get to stressed they'll prob induce u for a vaginal birth i had my little girl at 34wks with a vaginal birth she spent 12days in noenatal but that was ecasue she was only 3lb 10oz when born.

Make sure u ask plenty of questions the nxt time u see ur dr

awww 3lb thats really tiny for 34weeker is it not? my son was bigger and was only 33weeker

ashnbump your LO actaully spent more time in hospital than my 33weeker :D x

She had really bad jaundice and they wouldn't let her home with it :( she also took a while to take to a bottle, then it just happened over night lol! Hopefully this baby won't be early and IF he is he shouldn't be in SCBU very long as he's about 5lb already! You were lucky with your preemie, I'm jealous lol! Xxx

I worked in NICU for a while and even most of the extreme preemies were delivered vaginaly. Like the other poster said I think it's better for them. Also in Edinburgh 35 weekers don't necessarily go to SCBU, if they are fit they can stay on the postnatal ward with mum. Fingers crossed you'll get your vaginal birth and LO will be a good weight and out of hospital in no time:hugs:

they will induce you unless they have to get baby out there and then, my son was born my natural vaginal birth at 33weeks after 13days labour. they are less likey to deliver by c-section because as premmies go they thrive better after natrual birth (my son scored 10 at 1 min and 10 at 5mins) because of natural birth getting all the fluid and mucus out his lungs etc. hope this helps was a few years ago now but still :D

Really?? My consultant told me just today that they would prefer to deliver my baby at 34 weeks by c section, as it would be less stressful for her?

my son was born 33weeks on the dot, was 4lb 5.2oz was allowed home at 6days old was 4lb 3oz and terrible jaundice, he was on the billy blanket alot of his first days he was born on holiday in england, but when we got him home to scotland they were disgusted he was allow home at that stage due to slight health worries etc but he was already 9weeks before the hospital in scotland meet him so was pointless by that point lol

first 48hours he was tube feed but then he started sucking his fist and then a dummy, so they discovered he could suck on his own which apparently isn't too common at 33weeks he was also breathing on his own but had had 2 shots of steriods.

Really?? My consultant told me just today that they would prefer to deliver my baby at 34 weeks by c section, as it would be less stressful for her?

i have always been told natrual all the way because it allows baby time and also gets the fluid from thier lungs out natrually which doesn't happen in c-section babies born by section sometimes have more problems

I think every situation/baby should be treated as an individual case, as not everyone has the same circumstances. They will do what's best for you and your baby. And just on the note of vaginally birthed babies doing better than c section, my first DD didn't have any issues getting fluid out of her lungs, and had an apgar score of 10 straight away.

yeah thats why i said "some" because some natrual birth babies have problems and some section babies have none

think it would all depend on what the complications were that was causing him to be born early.

if a vaginal birth would put too much stress on him then they would go for a section if not then they would prob induce you

This. I hope all goes well for your baby.

I delivered my son at 23.3 weeks vaginally...and though it was tough...gravity not helping, him being small...getting stuck...I am glad I did.

I think unless there are issues you can deliver any way you want with a preterm baby. Some hospitals have rules..but not that many.

Thank you for all the replies :) glad the option is there but i will definitely confirm with consultant tomorrow :) xx

not sure about the answer but wanted to say good luck, ive seen some of your other posts about BP and looks like im heading the same way too so im wishing you all the best xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->