can I insist on going by my dates? planning home birth, scared of going ' over'

wannabubba#4

Maybe 1More! DD+3DS <3
Reaction score
As the title says really lol- Can I insist they use my dates before any discussion of induction etc? I was charting my ovulation and know when I conceived, however my scan put me a week ahead. Every appointment since then I have mentioned this fact but keep getting told that my dates mean nothing, as they go with scan. End of discussion. I know fundal height isn't accurate really but my FH=my dates lol and they keep saying baby is measuring a bit on the small size, but he/she isn't. Other than one or two nice pro home birthing midwifes the rest are really negative :cry:

I plan on telling them I want expectant management regardless, but it annoys me that they will have me at 42 weeks when I am still only 41 weeks, and my last bub was induced at 14 days over, after the same thing happened with my dates that pregnancy too :shrug:

Xxx:hugs::hugs:

Yes. You have the right to decline if you do not want to be induced. x

No one can make you do anything. It is your right to refuse induction. What country are you in? If you are in the UK and having a HB through the NHS they must support you in your decision to have a HB even if it goes against their advice. I don't know if you will actually manage to get them to change the dates on your records. You can try and explain but I'm not sure if they will pay much attention. If any MWs / doctors ask your due date I think I'd just give your date without saying anything, they don't always check and if they notice you cant just say "oh, yes they made a mistake, but this is the correct date." If you are confident and don't expain too much it might confuse them enough :). That would have worked on my doctors because they kept changing and didn't have time to notice things like that but if you have more attentive care it might not work.

No one can make you do anything. It is your right to refuse induction. What country are you in? If you are in the UK and having a HB through the NHS they must support you in your decision to have a HB even if it goes against their advice. I don't know if you will actually manage to get them to change the dates on your records. You can try and explain but I'm not sure if they will pay much attention. If any MWs / doctors ask your due date I think I'd just give your date without saying anything, they don't always check and if they notice you cant just say "oh, yes they made a mistake, but this is the correct date." If you are confident and don't expain too much it might confuse them enough :). That would have worked on my doctors because they kept changing and didn't have time to notice things like that but if you have more attentive care it might not work.

I wish I had done this right from the start lol, think I could have got away with it then but probably not now I am onkno three weekly appointments, maybe if I knock a few days of each time lol- my next appointment is on 34 weeks +5days,if I just say 34weeks exact then I have practically done it lmao. And yeah Iam UK, so know they cannot force me into anything but it is just frustrating when my dates are wrong lol. And I know that generally dates do not matter as babies don't come by dates, but mine are always late as it is without putting my edd forward a week :haha: oh well, maybe this one will surprise me haha, would be typical as the midwives have told me they will only put me in the book from 39 weeks for delivery as there is no point doing it earlier as I have late babies.

Thanks for the input x

Yeh I can see how annoying it is. I went overdue and I hated all the pressure. Actually I think my scan dates were a week out too but in the other direction, so I didn't complain much:haha:. Although it did worry me in the beginning of the pregnancy because there was a problem with the placenta and I wondered if the baby hadn't grown as well as it should in the first weeks. The doctors just looked at me like I was silly when I questioned their dates so I know it's a bit frustrating when you know you are right. In the end I went a week over by the scan date so I was probably two weeks over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->