Can I join you?

jo04070

Reaction score
Well it looks like I am joining this section, but wish I wasn't.

Well I have 9 year old twins that were born at 30 weeks, I also had a little boy 20 months ago at 25+5 who sadly died aged 30 hours. Well I got pregnant again had a stitch put in due to incomplete cervix and was on progesterone pessaries but on the 2nd Feb my water went at 28+2 I held on till the Friday when Archie was born at 28+5. There was no NNU cots in my area so Archie was transfered to a hospital an hour from home. I was transfered the next day as I had a section.

Archie is doing really well with his breathing he is now off the ventilator and on cpap and managing 5 hours twice a day off cpap in air. The problem at the moment is his stomach he has had a bleed from it today and not tolerating the small amounts of milk at all. I am so worried about him.

Well thats a bit about me time is so precious at the moment trying to juggle my 9 year olds and being there for Archie.

Jo

Hi Jo

Congratulations on the birth of baby Archie sounds like he is doing really well and hopefully the stomach bleed turns out to be a minor setback. Would love to hear more of your journeys when you get the chance. Truly sorry for the loss of uour little angel :hugs: xx

hiya jo :wave:

i am so sorry for your loss hunny. Nice to see another Archie in here too, he sounds like a fighter.

this section seems to be growing recentley so theres plenty of advice going round.

xxxx

Im just new to the prem section just wanted to say hi congrats on your little boy hope he starts tolerating the milk soon :hugs:

xx

Welcome.:hugs:

Congratulations on the birth of Archie. Here's hoping he'll go from strength to strength.

Post us some pics on the VIP sticky thread here. We love to get broody over all the new babies:happydance:

Welcome!!
I have twins too. born at 29 weeks and 6 days! Congratulations on Archie. Sounds like a little fighter!!
x

Hello Jo

Congratulations on Archie!:happydance:

So sorry to hear he is having a few problems. Really hope that they are sorted very soon, he does sound like a little fighter though!

I know it must be an incredibly tough time for you at the mo so sending you some hugs :hugs:

Congratulations on the birth of your precious little boy. Hope he gets stronger every day and is back home with you soon xx

Hi there. Sorry to hear you've had such a tough time of it love. Having a baby in intensive care is one of the hardest things to face as a parent. I know your little one is encountering a few problems, but the fact he made it to 28plus weeks, and is breathing air is a really good sign.

As he puts on weight, and grows stronger, I'm sure the tummy bleeding will settle. Little boys are more prone to developing these extra complications, but they still come thru in the end.

We're all thinking of you, and come here to vent any time. Let us know how bubba gets on. How much did he weigh at birth btw? xxx

Hi and congratulaitons. It sounds liek Archie is doing well. hope he gets over the bleed quickly, and starts enjoying his milk.

Congratulations on the birth of baby Archie, we will be here to support you through your scbu journey, sending big hugs and positive thoughts to you both x

Thanks everyone, had a much better day today the bleeding from his stomach has stopped and they are hoping to start feeds again tonight. Got to go back to the beginning 1ml every two hours. Really hoping his stomach tolerates it this time. He was 2lb 15 oz when he was born but weighs 2lb 9oz now.

Congrats sounds like a little fighter and he hasn't lost too much weight considering

Congratulations on little Archie! My little Archie has just turned one and is huge! He was born at 27 weeks. Sounds like your little man is doing just fine. We are all here for you when you need us most.

Dona and Archie xxx

Big Congratulations to the birth of Archie! So glad his tummy has settled, Freddy had a lot of blood in his belly whilst he picked up an infection so i can totally sympathise with your emotions your going through. I had Freddy at 27weeks and had a ton of complications so if you wanna chat just pm me! Lots of experienced premmie mummies on here to offer advice and a ear to listen to your worries and emotions.

having a premie is one hell of a rollercoaster ride and we will be there for you along the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->