Can I just use a normal pillow?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Can I just use a normal pillow & case in Caitlins cot or do I really need a 'toddler pillow'! I'm moving her over to big girls bed very soon (just waiting on stuff) but was thinking if tonight I should put the pillow in as she loves snuggling one downstairs! Trying to think of ways to make her more comfy since shes still wakening up.

zanes had a normal pillow since birth practicaly as he wudnt sleep on his back or without it lol n hes fine

i used a flat adult/normal pillow for jack from about 14months x

Yep i have only ever used normal pillows with both x

Thanks - I put one in ...we'll see :dohh:

I never used pillows till mine were about 3 years old and then just flat ones. Pillows can make them sweat more and my kids seem to get very hot and sweaty when they're asleep.

I just went to the loo and checked the kids in bed while I was upstairs and both Lauren and Abi have chucked their pillows on the floor coz they're hot and we've not had the heating on at all:dohh:

You can get the thinner, breathable pillows which may be more suitable for a little one. Toby is nearly 18months but I wouldn't give him a pillow yet as he sleeps on his tummy and would worry about him suffocating:cry:

tylers had a normal one since birth and he loves it :)

I find out pillows slightly too big for Bethanie, she does like them but they're just a bit bulky so she uses a disney pillow for now. I think toddler pillows are a good idea, but not essential!

The one I've put in is a really flat one - definately compared to ours on our bed so I thought it would be ok for her. I got it for her big girls bed is all.

Now I'm worried I made a mistake esspecially as shes not woke as she usually does this last couple of weeks ...

Liam has had a pillow in his bed since about 8 months on since he tends to be congested and needs propping. No problems with it, he really likes them.

Think she liked it ...although she woke at 5 it wasn't midnight :lol:

The one I've put in is a really flat one - definately compared to ours on our bed so I thought it would be ok for her. I got it for her big girls bed is all.

Now I'm worried I made a mistake esspecially as shes not woke as she usually does this last couple of weeks ...

She must like it is she is sleeping nicely. Liss sleeps on a pillow in the day time (when we are with her) she seems much more comfortable. I wouldn't put one in her cot but when she is on the sofa or on our bed, she looks way more comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->