Can I keep my boobs big after breastfeeding?

iphonebaby

Reaction score
Hi guys,
2 questions.

#1. I want to breastfeed really bad, but I'm worried about my boobs shrinking and sagging...I've always been an A so I'm pretty stoked about maybe going up a size. Is there anyway to keep what I gain? What if I continue to pump even after the baby is off breastmilk? I just have a feeling that'll be unhealthy after so long...

#2. No breastfeeding related. I can't seem to view most recent posts very well. All the posts on this site last for like 2 days then new ones come up?? Am I missing something??

I BF for 2 months, I was a 38DD before pregnancy so I was actually worried about being too big, but it really didn't happen. They were huge when the milk finally came in. Then after a couple weeks they seemed to regulate and only seemed huge if I was engorged like if she missed a feeding.
I stopped BF after 2 months and I weaned her slowly over a week, I was engorged and uncomfortable for a couple days and then back to normal. I wasn't really worried about my boobs after BF but I was just looking at myself yesterday and they look exactly like they did prepregnancy/BF.

Im under the understanding that the breast post baby is all genetics. I have friends who didn't breast feed and still had saggy boobs. My sister in law breast fed four babies and she still had perky boobs.

I had a DD and I am still a DD they are bigger when I am full but I don't stay full long due to nursing and my body regulating. When they are full they hurt like heck! I have also know people who staid a bigger size and those who didn't.

I have no clue about pumping post weaning. It could mess with your cycle but i don't think its unhealthy.

Pumping postpartum for however long should be fine health wise. Otherwise there would never have been wet nurses! Everything else, I can't really help you with except to say I think I heard its all genetics too lol

Yep genetics. And from what my lactation consultant told me your boobs grow while pregnant and in some people after their milk comes and goes the boobs will return to pre-preggers size and some won't, some will sag and some won't but it will happen regardless of breastfeeding. Lol about pumping forever to maintain a bigger size - I kicked around that very idea myself with DS1! So funny to know I am not the only one!

Its def different for everyone. I have some friends who had small boobs before kids, and ended up getting to keep the bigger boobs, and I also have friends who went back to normal size. I am kind of in between. After breastfeeding my first, they went down some, but not completely back to normal size. So I got to keep a little bit, which was nice:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->