Can i please have a rant!!

kayleigh89

Reaction score
Stupid stupid manager's!!

Well the story goes when i fell pregnant i got took straight off the rota and off care work all together! But i can go on the unit to clean!!Whats that all about!! lol

And now we have a new manager she's a stuck up b1tch that never ever wants to help me with sorting my maternity leave out she looks down her nose rants n rumps about for god sake i have tried so so many times....Who does she think she is!!

Sorry hunnie's but she really really has hit a nerve shes playin with my HORMONES and heading for a slap!!

How annoying! I'm a bit worried because I get 2 new managers in another week. My boss & my boss's boss are both leaving next week. They are both great & have been great about me being pregnant. I wonder how it will go if the next 2 aren't as great.

I would write a letter and give it to her, time and date everything and that way you've proven you have told her of your intentions in plenty of time

Good advice from Katie. Keep a copy of it too.

I feel your frustration as I was a care worker and my boss was completely useless and a total b!tch. I was told I would be given 'light' calls such as shopping and 'double ups'. Well, funny how I ended up hoisting a man ALONE at 10PM!! She reduced my hours right down to 4-7 a week from 16/17 and I no longer qualified for Working Tax Credits and have been forced to leave and go on Job Seekers. Who in their right mind will employ a 23 weeks pregnant woman?!

Oh dear :blush: I'm really sorry I just went into a rant on your rant. I just wanted you to know I can understand your stress. I really hope you get it sorted. It really is not what you need right now hey.

Whoaa!! are u a permanent employee or agency?

If u have a contract, your employer cannot change this without ur agreement. Its unlawful discrimination!

I work as a senior support worker. Pretty much none of my duties n hours have been changed and i work with adults with challenging/violent behaviour! I just have a supportive team around me. My manager is very supportive, but if he wasn't I would make damn sure I was treated fairly.

Go on directgov.uk to find out ur workplace rights.

Whoaa!! are u a permanent employee or agency?

If u have a contract, your employer cannot change this without ur agreement. Its unlawful discrimination!

I work as a senior support worker. Pretty much none of my duties n hours have been changed and i work with adults with challenging/violent behaviour! I just have a supportive team around me. My manager is very supportive, but if he wasn't I would make damn sure I was treated fairly.

Go on directgov.uk to find out ur workplace rights.

I'm pretty much the same as you although I look after the elderly and disabled, my staff have been good with me and as i'm in charge of the shift they don't mind me taking the lighter duties (although in care there's not really such a thing). Wish i could say the same for my boss who says i don't need a risk assessment? Arse. My hours have stayed the same but i refuse to do more than 5 days at a time as i was sometimes working 10 days with no day off. You need to put your foot down and let people know what you can and can't do, they wouldn't sack you as its discrimination. Hope everything goes well for you at your job. x

I allowed them to lower my hrs hunni,But she just dnt give me no imformation what so ever about maternity rights etc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->