Can I please Vent?

LekkerSlaap

New Me
Reaction score
I'm just having a horrible...er...month! Finally after contacting and applying for SEVERAL(about 10) places for apartments I located one here near post. Everything seems to be looking up....husband comes home...go to get the keys for the place...it's not ready yet. It was supposed to have been ready on October 17th. We didn't get to move in til October 21st...the NIGHT my husband came home from deployment. We move in the ONLY thing they did to this place is lay carpet. It's nasty and broken down. It's the whole upstairs of an old house.

They tell me the neighbors downstairs are good people. They BLAST their music through the whole place rattling our windows upstairs all night well until 2am! They have 2 HUGE dogs (one pit bull one wimeriner) that tear through the house, howl, bark, CONSTANTLY!!! And they are never home to take care of those dogs during the day. ANd lucky for me sometimes at night, the only break we get from the music.

So we move a roommate in with us so that we can save a little money(it's a HUGE 2 bedroom) put him on the lease (being honest instead of lying) and then she tells me after we sign all the paperwork that our roommate cannot live here it's against policy! WTF! So I beg with her because we are struggling big time right now trying to pay off old debts. And still haven't heard back from her. The maint crew dumped off 1 of the doors and all the blinds and light fixtures on our porch last week...they STILL haven't came to hang them and I've been told that I'm not allowed to.

It's just stupid! Then they told me they wouldn't put our check into the bank until yesterday...they posted it last friday...knowing it wouldn't go through so now I'm waiting on a call to hear them yell about it. I don't know what to do, I'm so not happy with this situation! What do I do? I'm on the verge of just going to the JAG office and getting a lawyer and also contacting the better business board against them.

That sounds terrible. I can sympathize with what you are going through with noisy neighbours as I have an alcoholic who lives next door to me and blasts her music and shouts down her phone so loud you would think she was in the same room as you. I contacted the environmental health at 1am the other morning as I couldnt take it anymore.

I have a son and am about to have another baby and she had it on untill 6.30 am the night before and I had to be up at 7am with my son for school. She also shouts abuse out of the windows and uses the worst language you could think of and refuses to turn it down when asked.

I don't know where you live but could you phone or e-mail the environmental health department of your local council anonymously if you are worried about them being aggressive if you approach them? Here you would be able to report the dogs to the environmental health department too.

As for your landlord if they are not doing the work that they should be doing then I would contact them again, or give them what needs doing in writing and then get legal advice if they still do not carry out the work after that.

I hope it all works out for you and that your landlord does the work and your neighbours just disappear one night and take their dogs with them. xxx

I've told the landlords about them...not to mention I've been told I'm not allowed to have a roommate but they have roommate(s) >.<

I would just straight up call the police on your neighbor. It's a safety issue. As for the ones downstairs I'm probably going to end up doing the same thing. I'm just not happy with the fact of a double standard. We are quiet as can be and it's just annoying that it feels like they are just singling us out at the worst time possible.

I hate it when it's one rule for one person and another rule for another person. If they have people staying there then it's wrong to say that you can't. From the sounds of it your room mate would be a lot more respectful of others too if their room mate is anything like them.

We are quiet too and I think that is part of the reason I get so annoyed that she isnt just loud she takes it to unacceptable levels. I told my landlord that it feels like we are creeping around our own house in the evenings because if we laugh with each other it seems to set her off (and when I say laugh, I don't mean we have a party, I mean my son giggling if you tickle him.) It's like she's a bitter, twisted, lonely old woman who hates to hear other people having any kind of normal life. xxx

Wow that woman is really disturbed then! I think the sound of children laughing is awesome!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->