Can I still have my homebirth after 42 weeks? update pic!

If you do decide to go ahead with the induction tomorrow it sounds like you wont need much to push your body into full labour as things seem to be on their way already so it shouldnt be a lengthy horrible process.

Just stick up for what you want and allow your body to do what it needs.

Thanks Chuck, oh don't worry Ive learnt to be very assertive of late, Im still planning on my natural hypnobirth and feel a little gentle kick start will be all it takes. I have a good feeling about it, Id be worrying if my body wasnt showing any signs of being ready but I feel like Ive started already and baby and I are ready. x

Good Luck today GG!!!

Will be thinking of you!

All these new born pics are making me super broody and impatient to have my HB and I'm only 36 weeks!

Can't wait to hear from GG and fingers crossed for a lovely positive induction story!

Just a suggestion - you may want to search for the website on spinning babies. (This forum won't let me post the name right now but the search should get you there).

Sometimes if the baby is not locked in "just right" it will delay labor. I was late with a baby and after reading the articles on that website decided to float on my belly for a day (several hours) in a pool. I made sure to lay on my side the rest of the day and then I felt some movements of the baby's head like changing position. Then there was stillness for 2 hours - then I went into labor and proceeded to give a wonderful homebirth!

Good luck to you!

OOOOHHHh I wonder how missy GG got on yesterday?!

I thought I'd been keeping up to date with this thread, that or Georgey had had her baby, I must've dreamt it! :wacko: I hope everything has gone well.

Ahh as I type I have my gorgeous boy Jeremiah happily sleeping next to me in his moses basket. I thought the day would never come but he is here and doing amazing! It is only our second day home, wow what a journey where do I start!! I will type up a full birth story but just to brief, I w9 as induced with pessary, surges started thick n fast (I had been having them previous 2 weeks also) I did my hypno breathing and visualisation and was managing really well even though I was wondering why I wasnt having a break in between surges and the pressure was all in my lower back, I couldnt sit down the pressure was so immense. Anyway I got to 5cm on gas n air and was keeping nice and calm through what seemed never ending surges, I had no recollection of time at all, after 9 hours I was completely exhaused especially as I couldnt sit or lie down for a rest so asked for epidural to get some sleep as I had had no sleep for days by then due to slow labour. That was when I really zoned out as I had to sit completely still like a rag doll and everyone commented how calm I was. To cut a long story short, I was fully dilated and ready to push after another 10 hours and they then told me baby was back to back, which explains the full on back labour! I tried lying on my side for a few hours but he wasnt budging so ended up having a c section, but honestly it was great, I was so relieved and it was amazing, my OH got photos of him being born and I got to see him straight after and have skin to skin and breatfeeding shortly after.

OH has just made me some grub so better grab it whilst its hot!! So to recap hypnobirthing really helped me through what could have been a traumatic experience but I have no regrets and am so happy!!

Congratulations! It sounds like a long haul and that you did really well. It's brilliant how positive you sound. Looking forward to seeing pics!

Congratulations - glad you had a postive outcome xx

congratulations GeorgeyGal :happydance:
Fantastic news - I love your LO's name :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back