Can I take Imodium to stop the laxative!?

kerri28

Reaction score
So I have been horrendously backed up for over a week now. I spotted this morning and phones by doctor because of my SCH and being so backed up. They said to use milk of magnesium then miralax and then daily take benefiber. Well I literally couldn't stand and it's voting day so kids are home too. All I had on hand was senna s (senakot laxative) which should take about 6 hours to take effect. Well I drank some tea then egg nog and act some activia yogurt and went only 45 mins after taking it. So my concern is that in a few hours the laxative will be hitting me and I have somewhere to go and can't cancel. Can I take Imodium to counter act the laxative that's bound to hit me?

Has anyone done this before? I just wanted to poop lol :(

So I have been horrendously backed up for over a week now. I spotted this morning and phones by doctor because of my SCH and being so backed up. They said to use milk of magnesium then miralax and then daily take benefiber. Well I literally couldn't stand and it's voting day so kids are home too. All I had on hand was senna s (senakot laxative) which should take about 6 hours to take effect. Well I drank some tea then egg nog and act some activia yogurt and went only 45 mins after taking it. So my concern is that in a few hours the laxative will be hitting me and I have somewhere to go and can't cancel. Can I take Imodium to counter act the laxative that's bound to hit me?

Has anyone done this before? I just wanted to poop lol :(

I really wouldn't take Immodium to counteract a laxative. It sounds like a horrible way to mess up your system that might take a long time to get back on track. If I were you I'd just figure out a way to be around a toilet when the time comes. Immodium should only be used if you have diarrhea for a couple of days without resolution, and then should only be used sparingly. Additionally, it's just going to stop you right back up again.

I wouldn't recommend to use immodium without consulting your doctor and to use as a counteract for laxative.

I am with aspiringmum.

Also, I don't blame you for wanting to have a bm! I would have freaked and probably resorted to Senna too (or maybe even the E.R lol).

Hoping everything resolves soon.

I think immodium is on the don't take cos its not been tested for use in pregnancy, but unlikely to do anything list.

To be honest, I wouldn't take it to counter act laxatives as you could end up really messing up your system.

I am with aspiringmum.

Also, I don't blame you for wanting to have a bm! I would have freaked and probably resorted to Senna too (or maybe even the E.R lol).

Hoping everything resolves soon.
I think the idea was out of sheer desperation! Now that my mind is a little clearer I realize how stupid it sounds to taken Imodium to back me right back up. I couldn't even stand because well yea.. And I talked to my pharmacists and she even said the senna would have probably kicked in by now if it was going to especially since I had to take zofran around 2pm and that's the reason I'm so backed up! Getting some miralax and benefiber when I pick my script up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->