Can I use this?

Willow82

Reaction score
Arrghh....my 2 year old has head lice. He's been scratching his head recently and so I bought some 'full marks' shampoo which had a nit comb included. I've been combing his hair to see if i could find anything and I found one this morning :(

I'm going to use the solution on him tomorrow but I'm not sure whether I can use it on myself as I'm pregnant. Does anyone know? The leaflet doesn't mention anything and when I've looked it up on the Internet, it says seek medical advice before using.

I'm not too sure if that's safe to use. Durback I think is. But you will have to get from the GP. Sorry couldn't be anymore help

I'd be a little nervous about using it however, if you can get some tea tree oil and mix in a little bit with your shampoo and conditioner as well as mix some with a little water and spray it all over your head after a shower, it might help.

I think you can use Hedrin Once Treatment
https://www.hedrin.co.uk/faqs/

When I was a kid, I had a pretty bad case of headlice, and we covered my head with vegetable oil (I mean a really thick layer) and then put a shower cap on me, and I kept it on for about 45 minutes. It was enough to suffocate a lot of them, and it was natural and safe. The kicker was that we had to scrub it out with vinegar, that was the worst. And it really was difficult to get out. We did have to repeat a couple times, but it did work and it was natural.

P.S. the vinegar burned in areas that the infestation was really bad, so be prepared.

Nope, you can't. i had them in one of my pregnancies.
I was told to use tea tree shampoo and conditioner and the nitty gritty comb.

Thanks ladies. We used the full marks solution on DS, well OH did as I wanted to stay away from it. I rang the doctors for advice and they suggested using conditioner and a nit comb on myself and that doing this is as effective as nit solution. We're going to do this every few days and hope that we get rid of the little blighters.

If not, I might try the hedrin treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->