Can i wear a wig ?

xblondiex

Reaction score
Iv suffered from TTM for many years and cant help myself pulling ny hair out i know have several bald patches :( my partner has never seen me without a wig nor knows i wear 1 ( at least i hope) my mum says i cant wear a wig in labour as it would be bad for baby losing hair? But if i got a short 1 i cant see it bein a prob? I know its gonna be MEGA uncomfy but i really dont have a choice unless i stop him bein at the birth :shrug:

I can't see the problem in wearing one. But why don't you just let your partner see you? If you are having a baby then will you have time to keep this up?!
I understand TTM is distressing, but it's a form of illness like any other. I'd think honesty about it would be better long term. I'm sure your partner loves you beyond your hair

Xx

I don't see why you can't wear a wig. Who even needs to know? I would just do it and not mention to anyone. Good luck. xxx

Thanks my hairs nearly grown just 3 tiny patches im trying to keep wearing a hat indoors to stop myself pulling. It would be so easier if he knew but i dont think hes that understanding my last partner ridiculed me for it i couldnt go through that again :( im going to try my best to have norm hair for baby getting here. Thanks for advice im just hoping i dont get too hot in labour and end up ripping it off:haha:

I can't see it been a problem, however if your partner truly loves you he wouldn't care even if you had no hair at all. You really should consider telling him if he's a life long partner then he's going to find out sooner or later. :hugs:

Iv suffered from TTM for many years and cant help myself pulling ny hair out i know have several bald patches :( my partner has never seen me without a wig nor knows i wear 1 ( at least i hope) my mum says i cant wear a wig in labour as it would be bad for baby losing hair? But if i got a short 1 i cant see it bein a prob? I know its gonna be MEGA uncomfy but i really dont have a choice unless i stop him bein at the birth :shrug:

:?:

Ur mom thinks wearing a wig will cause the baby to lose hair???? Hoping this doesn't come across as insensitive, but that's ridiculous. You'll be fine to wear one, but I agree with the others, just tell ur partner.

Thanks if my hairs not grown by time im in labour i may have to book up the courage to tell him and hope for the best :/

Sorry i meant my mum thinks the baby will choke on the wig hair if it falls out it can come out a lot easier than normal hair it clogs my hoover up but i cant see it ill make sure its well out of the way when im holding him

Are you really sure he doesn't know? He'd have to be fairly unobservant to get far enough and intimately enough into a relationship with someone to have a baby with them and not notice they wear a wig...

Also, your mother is talking sh!te. Wearing it/not wearing won't affect the baby.

Sorry if this sounds a bit rude, it's not meant to just don't know how to word it.

Do you wear an actual wig or hair extensions? I'm confused about how you say it falls out easier. If you wear hair extensions I don't see there being a problem x

If your wig hair falls out more than real hair, it's a very cheap, poorly made wig! My hair falls out like crazy.

OP, prob TMI but anyway...

6 weeks after I met my OH he took me to Italy and we stayed in this amazing hotel in a super expensive suite with 400 yr old frescoes... And I got awful diarrhoea. It was utterly mortifying. I pooed on the dressing gown. Seriously thought he'd never want to see me again! But he went out, found out the Italian for "I need some medicine for diarrhoea" and looked after me. That showed me more than anything that we were meant to be.

Sometimes showing vulnerability brings you closer. He may know more than you think. I am sorry you feel so down about it. I think baby choking on wig hair is pretty unlikely though :)

OP, prob TMI but anyway...

6 weeks after I met my OH he took me to Italy and we stayed in this amazing hotel in a super expensive suite with 400 yr old frescoes... And I got awful diarrhoea. It was utterly mortifying. I pooed on the dressing gown. Seriously thought he'd never want to see me again! But he went out, found out the Italian for "I need some medicine for diarrhoea" and looked after me. That showed me more than anything that we were meant to be.

Sometimes showing vulnerability brings you closer. He may know more than you think. I am sorry you feel so down about it. I think baby choking on wig hair is pretty unlikely though :)
I'm sorry, I may have a giggled a little bit at this.

But I think your correct in that it can defiantly bring people closer.

Idk why someone with nothing to contribute would post on this thread. Or any other for that matter.
I would think that the hair that falls from your wig would be more of a concern if getting wrapped around baby's fingers or toes. Natural hair does the same.
I would say that pp was right about vulnerability. You should make yourself vulnerable to oh and tell him, show him. I would think it will bring you two closer together :)
I hope you figure it out! Good luck :hugs:

I wear a full lace remy wig its hard to notice its a wig everyone iv told has been shocked. I dont feel i could tell him we have drifted apart lately and i couldnt cope if he laughed or thought i was weird for it im just hoping my hair will have grown iv got about 9 weeks left. I feel a lot easier now that baby wont choke i guess real or false hair baby would be in same situation... Thanks guys was just worried midwife would make me remove it lol x

I wear a full lace remy wig its hard to notice its a wig everyone iv told has been shocked. I dont feel i could tell him we have drifted apart lately and i couldnt cope if he laughed or thought i was weird for it im just hoping my hair will have grown iv got about 9 weeks left. I feel a lot easier now that baby wont choke i guess real or false hair baby would be in same situation... Thanks guys was just worried midwife would make me remove it lol x

Its sad that you reached out to us and someone here had to show their @$$. Im sorry for that.
The wig hair will be the same as natural. And since you said it falls out easily i would make sure to vacuum frequently. Especially when the baby starts to have floor time.
Sometimes when being pregnant you feel more distance with oh. If you were to talk to him about the situation, And how it makes you feel you both will feel more of a connection. I just hate to think you feel the need to keep something so important to yourself. I dont think they can make you take off your wig tho. If you need (God forbid) surgery, and there is metal on the wig then maybe. But I think if you choose to keep it your secret then it should be fine.

Idk why someone with nothing to contribute would post on this thread. Or any other for that matter.
I would think that the hair that falls from your wig would be more of a concern if getting wrapped around baby's fingers or toes. Natural hair does the same.
I would say that pp was right about vulnerability. You should make yourself vulnerable to oh and tell him, show him. I would think it will bring you two closer together :)
I hope you figure it out! Good luck :hugs:

Thank you for mentioning this, jz! There are some people who have made it a habit to put a negative spin on everyone else's posts, and it's super annoying and unwelcome! Thankfully, for the most part, this site is helpful, supportive, and constructive. I say that you get back what you put out there, so people who post blunt, nasty comments shouldn't expect much support in return from other posters.

OP, I'm sorry you're struggling with what to do about the wig, and that you and your OH are experiencing some distance. It would be great if you could talk to him about it, but if not, I don't think that wearing it would cause a problem, except for your comfort level (will it make you sweaty and itchy?) but maybe just ask your midwife to be sure and also explain that you would like her to refrain from mentioning it during labour/in front of OH. While I don't know what it's like to have TTM, I do know what it's like to have something you're self-conscious about and want to hide...I have some pretty hideous varicose veins going on (thanks, heredity!) and they've gotten worse since getting pregnant - I'm actually more worried about the midwives staring at my veins than at my vagina :haha:

Good luck :hugs:

Randapanda :I agree with that. Some people think they are superior for whatever reason.
Im sorry you are having trouble with your veins. Im sure it can be painful. And dont worry about birthing staff. They will be as focused on baby as you'll be :)
I love the support of the ladies on this forum. And the relation as well.
So excited to have my little man in my arms! Just CAN'T wait!

Thanks jz theres no need to apologize on behalf of anyone else. I never even thought of surgery the wig does have metal clips plus all the bobby pins i wear underneath :( imi scared in case hes with me now and they make me whip it off i know it seems easy to understand but hes not that sort of person i can inly see it makin things worse :(

Thanks randa theres nothin worse than feelin ashamed of urself im sure nobody will even notice ur veins hope there not causing u too much stress or discomfort x

Oh hun. Im.sure everything will work out and he will be none the wiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->