Can internal vag ultrasound cause spotting???

nicoley

Reaction score
So had internal us Thursday at noon...Saturday night out shopping and went to bathroom to find a quarter size amount of bloodin my underwear..since then it's been when I wipe..pinky brown..no cRamping..hcg levels Sunday were 27669 getting blood taken today to ensure levels are rising...did anyone else spot after a vag ultrasound??

Yes, it can. I had two vaginal ultrasounds in my first trimester, and both times my doctor warned me that it may cause some light bleeding/spotting for a few days afterwards. It never did for me, but intercourse did, so I can relate. If you're still worried, call your doctor for peace of mind.

Yes he aware of it..he isn't concerned at all..just worries me cause to was red blood not tons but freaked me out..today thank god it seems to have subsided..hope it stays away..did get hcg checked to ensure it's rising

Every time, even when it was just to check follicle growth before IUIs with Andrea.

Plus, you're pregnant and already have more blood volume than you did before. Even a little extra stress to capillaries and break them and you'll bleed more than you'd think.

It's frightening, but it's normal. You may even be a little cramp-y with the bleeding since the iron content of blood irritates other tissues and can cause mild cramps. (I had a very large bleed at a little over 7 weeks, so that's my experience talking.)

So deep breath and carry on like everything is fine since it most likely is. :hugs: for the scare, though.

Yep I had spotting after a vaginal ultrasound. I was given an information sheet when I had the ultrasound and it said that it is normal to spot or bleed lightly and that it is fine.

I thought maybe that was my issue however I had my vag ultrasound Thursday at 11:15 ..I started spotting Saturday night around 7:30 and I am still spotting..not much barely reaching the pad for the most part unless I do red blood which when I do it's only a minimal amount about the size of a quarter...however I am wiping still and getting pinky brown still today..would a vag ultrasound cause spotting this long I'm thinking not...

Yes, I had a bit of spotting after one of my vaginal ultrasounds. Usually it lasts only a couple of days though. Maybe give your doctor a call?

Yes it can for a few different reasons. Theres more blood down there in general, the cervix may be more prone to irritation, the person doing it may be a bit too rough or it can irritate a hematoma. Always best to check with your OB if you have any concerns:hugs:

I'm in the exact same boat! I had my transvaginal ultrasound on Monday the 28th, and have been spotting since yesterday morning. It started as brown, was a tiny bit pink last night, and is now back to brown. I can't help but think it's abnormal, since my scan was days ago. But, I called the doctor and they said to not be concerned unless it is red and/or I have pain. But it's still worrying me so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->