Can Iron Deficiency affect weight loss?

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
I got my blood results back today and whilst my thyroid was fine my iron count was really low so I have a prescription in the post.

I see that the symptoms are relatively similar - but not with any regard to weight. I have been carefully watching my diet, and exercising when I can and still nothing, not even a fat % change. I know from experience that more exercise is meant to make you feel more energetic, but it doesn't, it just kills me :(. My mate is saying I should ask for a referral to a dietitian - rather than do this nurse led weight loss programme at my local docs - which to be fair, I have seen folk going to it who are the same size they were last year...........So I don't have much hope.

I got my blood results back today and whilst my thyroid was fine my iron count was really low so I have a prescription in the post.

I see that the symptoms are relatively similar - but not with any regard to weight. I have been carefully watching my diet, and exercising when I can and still nothing, not even a fat % change. I know from experience that more exercise is meant to make you feel more energetic, but it doesn't, it just kills me :(. My mate is saying I should ask for a referral to a dietitian - rather than do this nurse led weight loss programme at my local docs - which to be fair, I have seen folk going to it who are the same size they were last year...........So I don't have much hope.

Not sure about the weight loss, but I totally understand about the exercise thing. I have very very low levels as well which makes me totally exhausted 24/7. My dad is an exercise FANATIC and seems to think it will cure everything. Um, no. I've tried. It doesn't.

Not sure if it can affect weight loss but I know it can suck the energy right out of you and make you feel like you can't focus, so that may be why exercise isn't making you feel any better?

My levels were really low after LO's birth and for 6 months following. I couldnt loose weight no matter what i did diet or excersise. As soon as my levels went up naturally (i was taken off the pills as soon as my levels went up) and i lost over a stone in a month.

I cant say what this was down to having more energy - well as much as you can have with a lo only sleeping 5-6 hours in 24 hours or just my levels going back up.

Not sure this helps but i didnt want to read and run. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->