• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can Morning Sickness really start this early?

NicoleLJ

Mom to 6 beautiful Kids
Reaction score
I can't test till May 9th but for the past 4 days I have been very sick to my stomach. Every morning I wake up fine. But with in a few minutes of standing I am very sick to my stomach. It lasts till mid afternoon. I can;t even think about eating. Even tried to eat something light to see if it takes it away and it comes right back up. By mid to late afternoon it is gone and I am starving. But all morning every move I make makes it worse. Smells and mention of food sends me running to the bathroom. It is very intense. After it goes I am fine till the next morning when I wake. I also get a few cramps and very gassy and I feel so bloated.

I never thought it could start this early. I always assumed(because that is my experience with my other 3 pregnancies) it starts about week 4. So I did some research and found this:

https://www.1st-babies.com/first_trimester/how_early_does_morning_sickness_start.shtml

We get this question a lot, it seems everyone wants to know “How early does morning sickness start?” Generally you can expect morning sickness to begin at about the fifth or sixth week after conception. However, it varies over most of the first trimester. If you read the pregnancy message boards you will see people report morning sickness within a few days after conception.

Some people develop the symptoms within a week or two of conception and others don’t have a problem until maybe week eight or nine.

There is a lot more info on that page about it. Check it out. Found it very comforting and informitive.

I had it last cycle a few dpo, and this cycle already at 2dpo. I think maybe it's in my head.. or hormones. I have no clue! Weird though

I feel like hell too, so I know where your coming from. Hopefully we'll all get the answers we're looking for :)

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=54448

Member: I feel like I possibly might have conceived one week ago (I have been keeping track of my cycle and fertile days). Two days ago, my nipples started feeling very sore and I have been feeling nauseated since then, which lasts all day. Is it too soon to be feeling this way, or is it all in my head?

Dr. Amos: It's not too soon to feel pregnant. But it's too soon to feel typical pregnancy symptoms from being pregnant. Your symptoms are usually related to the pregnancy hormone hCG, and hCG is usually not in your system until 11-12 days after ovulation. And most women do not typically feel pregnant until after they miss their period. You could be pregnant (and I hope you are) but you still need to wait for confirmation with a positive pregnancy test.

I know symptom spotting can be a problem but I know my body after having 3 babies. I am not the type to have pregnancy symptoms when AF comes. And these symptoms are very strong. Still waking up to being sick every morning. Plus I am exhausted. Not only do I sleep all nigth(except for multiple potty breaks) but I sleep several hours now spread over 2 naps during the day. It is like I can't keep my eyes open. Plus two days ago I am almost positive I had an implantation bleed. Last 2 days. Was only there when I wiped. A couple of times it was a small bright red spot but the rest of the time it was just a pinkish tinge. Same thing I had last time I was pregnant. And the same time during my cycle.

Crossed fingers for all.

I started feeling sick in the mornings and couldn't eat until about 1 in the afternoon and then fine for the rest of the day around 8dpo. I also started peeing more frequently around this time. I think it is totally possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->