can my 8 month old eat tinned rice pudding

hope88

Reaction score
hi just wondering if my 8 month old can eat normal tinned rice pudding the nutrition info for half a can is energy 175cal fat 1.6g sat fat 1.0g sugars 19.6g and salt 0.25g obviously i would give my lo half a can maybe a couple of table spoons with some fruit puree is this ok?

Think the sugar content might be a bit on the high side? You could try making it yourself. A little wont do any harm but you don't really want to encourage a sweet tooth.

Yeah, I agree. It might be a bit too high in sugar as they aren't really made for babies. It's easy to make your own though. Just some cooked rice with a bit of milk until it has the right consistency (you are supposed to use pudding rice, but I use basmati and it works fine). If you are doing finger foods, I also pureed a bit of rice in milk with a hand blender, added some cinnamon and just a very small pinch of sugar and then baked it in a muffin tray so it was kinda like a little mini baked rice pudding. It was really good (I ate quite a few myself!) and my daughter loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->