Can she hurt him?

gemstone

mother
Reaction score
My 11 month old keeps pushing off my bump 😢. I hope she can't hurt him. But she isn't weight bearing & can't crawl. She is considered disabled. ( we haven't yet got a diagnosis) so there isn't much I can do. She doesn't mean it. But it worries me. Sometimes she really kicks me. Is Henry in danger?

Baby is pretty well cushioned in there hun. Obviously it's best to avoid big impacts but I wouldn't have thought lo could cause damage. Does it hurt you?

No it's doesn't ever hurt. But she can seriously drop those legs at some force. He always moves afterwards and is very active. I know I'm not the only person with a lo so young. Just wondered if anyone knew if they could hurt him. Co she does it at least once a day. But there isn't much I can do about. She is 23lb and isn't anywhere near mobile. So I have to carry her a lot too. I keep trying to tell myself that sure it would have to hurt me to hurt him. Just a little paranoid

I think it would have to hurt you to hurt him. My 3 and 5 year old are learning to be more gentle but aren't always. My son loves to tackle and when they sit with me, they elbow my stomach getting up which I keep trying to change as it's uncomfortable. My 3 year old daughter ends up in bed with us a lot at night right now and can kick.. Plus I do end up carrying her around at times and she is 35 lbs. Baby is getting really active. They are very well protected in there, thankfully. It's not always possible to have complete gentleness around kids. I keep teasing I need some sort of armor on my bump but it's not really that bad and I never feel hurt either. :hugs:

Baby is very well cushioned and protected in there so I would have thought it would have to be a very hard hit.
My LO pushes herself up on my bump a lot, and in my first pregnancy a big dog jumped up at me which really hurt but baby was fine xx

You probably don't need to worry, baby is pretty well cushioned in there...dr Bradley says it best when he says baby can hurt you but it's a lot harder to hurt baby :)

I have a giant for a 20 month old. Not only is he taller than most 3 year olds, he weighs about the same and has a nasty little habit of making flying leaps for my belly and chest region. I'm pretty darn good at catching him mid-flight and avoiding impacts with my bump, but it happens from time to time. OB has said that there's TONS of cushion in there and it would take a pretty hefty blow for real damage to be done. Evolution has taken into account the fact that we tend to rear more than one rambunctious offspring at a time since they take so long to reach maturity. It's all biology :)

Thanks ladies!! Have put my mind at rest! I'm a worry wart lol thanks again 😘

I understand your little one is still a baby and is disabled. That's okay - simple terms and gestures should do the trick. I got pregnant with my second baby when my oldest was 8 months old, and I conceived my third baby when my second was only 2 months old. With 3 toddlers, the word GENTLE gets used a lot.

I've had many, many jabs to the belly throughout my second, third, and fourth pregnancies. So far, so good. I'm careful to block my belly whenever possible, but I can't catch those little hands, feet, and entire bodies all the time. If I'm not going to be paying that much attention to my belly, I will place a pillow over my belly to take the impact of these kids' jabs. However, even if it hurt or bruised me, it would normally take a much bigger impact to hurt the baby.

Once your little one can feel their little sibling's kicks, it might make more sense to her. My little ones were all naturally gentle once they felt those little movements from inside. I think it's instinct to watch out, at that point. They also began laying their heads on my belly to listen and feel what's going on inside. :) I hope you share those same special moments with your little one. There is nothing sweeter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->