can someone explain exactly where heartburn occurs?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by ProudMum, Dec 15, 2009.

1. ProudMum

ProudMum Well-Known Member

This is a mega stupid question I know but where does heartburn occur and how does it differ from indigestion???
    I feel as tho I have some sort of pain in my chest that starts right at the top of my stomache and works upwards. It's not painful near my stomach,it's a slight burning sensation but the pain is mostly in the middle of my chest.
    Also my boobs are so sore too and when I touch them its so painful, so Im having a hard time telling the difference between any of these aches and pains.. do i have really sore boobs or am i suffering from heatburn, or both?
    I cant tell.
    The joys eh?x

2. kelly2903

kelly2903 mum2princess an expectin

yep sounds like heart brn in the centre on your chest gets me in the clevage area lol
    indegstion i think is like trapped wind

3. ProudMum

ProudMum Well-Known Member

thank you for the reply..
    Im getting a pain near my clevage too, hence why I didnt know if it was boobage pain or heartburn lol.
    Thanks for that x

4. Viz1975

Viz1975 Well-Known Member

Not sure what the difference between heartburn and indigestion is but I have been getting really bad heartburn this past week every evening and when I go to bed - gaviscon has become my new best friend! Not sure I should be using it all the time hope it is ok - GP told me to use it just didn't ask how often! Last night I couldn't even touch my left boob it was so sore with the heartburn - they hurt anyway but this was much more sore. My pain is in my chest and then I can feel the acid burning my throat - nice!

It definitely gets worse when I eat or drink anything like orange juice or fruit - oh well better stick to the crisps and Mcdonalds then :)

xxx