Can someone explain how to not miss a feeding?

Wugz22

Reaction score
So this weekend I'll be leaving my little guy for longer than 2 hours for the first time, since he's talking a bottle of expressed breast milk now. My mother is watching him and will give him a bottle… and I know I'm not supposed to miss a feeding… does that mean I HAVE to pump right when he's eating (which would be smack dab in the middle of the event I'm escaping to) or can I just add in another pumping session at some point during the day, when it would be more convenient? Thanks for any responses!

It doesn't need to be exactly when he's eating. How long are you going to be leaving him for?

I'm not certain what to advise you since my LO was older the first time I left her, however I am happy to share my experience. The first time I left my daughter I was out for four hours and didn't express. I was engorged (in fact the next time I went out I was so badly engorged I had to hand express in the toilets!) when I got home but she fed for ages - mainly I think because she missed me, since she'd only just had a 4 ounce bottle - so that was ok. I didn't notice that it affected my supply, we just carried on as normal. However since you're a bit earlier on (DD was 2 months) you may need to pump. How long will you be out for?

I'll leave him for maybe 3 hours... He usually feeds every 2-2.5 hours. Maybe I could pump right before I go or right when I get back?

Also, I only have the madela freestyle double pump, which is such a chore to strap on and all that... Is it easier to just hand pump for 15 minutes and dump it?

For 3 hours i'd say you'd be fine. My lo has fed average 2 hourly since birth, sometimes more/less. Could u feed him literally before you leave, and then as soon as you return? And your mum would have the bottle in case he cant go that long x

For 3 hours i'd say you'd be fine. My lo has fed average 2 hourly since birth, sometimes more/less. Could u feed him literally before you leave, and then as soon as you return? And your mum would have the bottle in case he cant go that long x

i did this. just feed before you go out and then as soon as you get in. of your mum has to give him a bottle because he hungry then just pump a bit when you get in.

it only once so i doubt it will mess with ur supply you might just be engorged so wear pads.

also deff dont dump...put it in the freezer in case you need to go out again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->