Can someone give me the down low on OPKs?

EBAUERHAUS

2 baby boys!
Reaction score
I know I should take them more than once a day... But what time of day is best? How many hours apart?
If I have a super short LH spike, do you think I'd catch it using an OPK just twice a day?

I appreciate it. Hopefully this is the best place for my question.

Sorry I didn't want to read and run. Maybe 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.?

Thankfully mine aren't short so once a day worked for me. I like 4 p.m. as I could drink what I wanted during lunch then pee and begin my hold.

Twice a day could work depeding on how short your spike is.

Oh man is this tricky. 11am -8 pm is the recommended time online I believe. I used to get my smiley face (clearblue digital ovulation tests) at 11:30 AM but this time I got it at 9:30 PM confirmed by a dollar tree CHEAPIE OPK aT 2:30 pm the next day. 2 times a day should be good on non diluted urine. Hold for 3-4 hours if you can before testing. Good luck!

Hey hun between 10am-8pm I is recommended times I used my online cheapie opk for my last 2 pregnancies and I will be again I've been using them as of now we ntnp hut I do mine on an evening, the test line has to be the same darkness or darker than the control line after your first positive you have a 12-36 hour window so best advice is bd everyday :haha: I've attached a pic of mine when positive 20180702_135725.jpg

Thanks ladies.
I assumed not using fmu meant that you didn't need to hold your pee for a few hours... There must be a different reason. Anyone know why you shouldn't use first morning urine?

I don't know if I have a shirt LH surge, hoping not. I'll probably be doing 2 a day until I see a positive! I've only used opks once before and never had a positive.

Thanks ladies.
I assumed not using fmu meant that you didn't need to hold your pee for a few hours... There must be a different reason. Anyone know why you shouldn't use first morning urine?

I don't know if I have a shirt LH surge, hoping not. I'll probably be doing 2 a day until I see a positive! I've only used opks once before and never had a positive.

Your fmu is always concentrated that's why they say not to use fmu some days I did twice a day smu and later in evening xx

One more question, friends:

Once I've gotten a positive, how long after that should I continue to BD?
Should I assume 72 hours till ovulation and continue to BD over the next 4 days, basically?

Ok, that was two questions. Haha.

Well i think general consensus is dsy of positive and the 2 days after. However, I BD day of and try to daily until opk is negative. My schedule this last cycle was 3-O, 2-O, 1-O, and O day. I felt O+1 was too much and we'd already done the best we could

One more question, friends:

Once I've gotten a positive, how long after that should I continue to BD?
Should I assume 72 hours till ovulation and continue to BD over the next 4 days, basically?

Ok, that was two questions. Haha.

:haha: tbh I would bd 4 days after the positive opk including the day of the positive with ds2 I did every other day and it worked (obviously) but everyday and covered :haha: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->