Can soy isoflavones lengthen luteal phase?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether soy isoflavones can lengthen your luteal phase? My LP is short, 11 days, but here I am on day 12, the day my period is due, and there's no sign. Negative tests, so I'm very sure I'm not pregnant. I took soy this cycle to try to ovulate earlier and while I didn't ovulate much earlier than normal, I am wondering whether it has had an effect on my short luteal phase. I know clomid can lengthen a short luteal phase that supposedly SI are similar to clomid, but I can't seem to find any good information online about whether it lengthens luteal phases or not.

Anyone got any insight? Thank you!

I dont know hun but will be watching as i want tovlengthen mine! Also, you could keep a bit of hope- 20% of pregs only implant 11/12dpo and wouldnt show up until 13/14 on a really sensitive test. Did you do a frer or sonething good anyway?!

If it helped you produce a better egg then the progesterone in the 2ww will be higher leading to a longer LP.

I do believe that it can lengthen your LP by a day or two. This happened with my first cycle on soy!

Squirrel your chart still looks so good still keeping my fx for u!!!

When will u test again?

Thanks ladies. Looks like it did lengthen it by a day for me.

Hi Tesh,
I won't test again. With temp drop today, I know AF is on the way. Still no sign, but getting full tender feeling in lower abdomen. I reckon it will come later on. At least I scrabbled back a day of my luteal phase (used to be 14 days till I had Isla), so that's good. Will try soy again next cycle.

I am hoping I see a temp rise on your chart tomorrow... If not I def recommend trying the soy again next cycle!

Was this your first cycle on soy? Also would u consider using soft cups?

I would consider it, but I don't think keeping sperm in is the problem as I lie down for thirty minutes after sex anyway. This was our fourth cycle (but 6 months) and though we had the chemical last cycle, I will say I was expecting to have conceived by now only due to how easy it was last time. I'll try soy again, as my ovulation is clearly a bit crazy. Maybe I'll try smaller doses, as I used smaller doses when we conceived Isla and also this cycle my ovaries have been twinging since before ovulation till now, so I don't think they agreed with the high doses of Soy.

A big part of me thinks our issues are due to my husband smoking and drinking a lot now compared with when we conceived our other two kids. He also drinks a ton of coffee. None of these things are good for sperm production. He's a musician and it has been a long summer of festivals and gigs. He's now going on tour for most of October (though luckily back in time for my fertile window), so I dread to think what that will do to his sperm count with all the smoking and drinking that will go along with it :cry: It's frustrating, as I have so few vices (diet coke is my big one). I have a couple of glasses of wine per week, drink a diet coke a day, but other than that that's it! I eat well and am very active during the day with work and the kids.

My temp won't go back up tomorrow :D this is it, AF is coming. No cramps yet and so sign, even when checking cervix (which is super low ready for AF), so it looks like I may have bought myself two extra days in my luteal phase with soy. I'm happy about that as before my luteal phase was only 11 days. Now it's 13 days, that's a great length!

Hi squirrel, 6months is still early days. I know even a day seems like an eternity when ttc but I am sure your bfp is right around the corner.

Hmm the drinking and smoking is def a big no no. Dh and I would have about two drinks ( mostly wine) per week while ttc so don't think that does much harm. I think even one a day doesn't do much harm either!

This past month I had dh on L-arginine supplements to boost sperm production as well as Vit D3 and omega 3. We noticed a big difference in quantity, not that it was less before, but it like near doubled!!

I think cutting out on the smoking esp will make a huge difference. Is there any way u could convince him to quit? Also too much caffeine isn't good either. Maybe try switch him to decaf? The music scene is tough as it comes wit all of what u mentioned about and somehow becomes the culture. So I can imagine how difficult it would be to change or cut out so much.

But I think it's def worth a shot. At least until you're pregnant!

Also extra folic acid for dh too is a good idea!

Thanks for the advice Tesh. It's going to be difficult to get him to follow through. He understands, so it's not a matter of convincing him :( but as you say, it's just the environment he's constantly in. He spends at least half the week out in pubs and other venues surrounded by drinking and all the musicians in his circle smoke so he finds it impossible to quit around them, he's tried a few times before. I reckon I can get him to stop coffee, but drinking and smoking will be a big issue. Sadly my husband also suffers from depression and is going through a bad patch right now, so it will be doubly hard for him to give up. I will get those supplements for him though, which I'm sure he'll happily take. I don't think he minds too much that it's taking us longer than planned, but I know he's not happy for me, as it's bugging me now.

And I know, 6 months isn't too long in the grand scheme of things, it's just it was so easy last time and I was expecting a similar timescale this time... I just need to adjust my expectations. Apparently 70% of couples conceive in 6 months, so it's taking us longer than average this time around, while still nothing compared to women who are LTTTC.

I just posted another thread asking about lengthening my LP ... Mine was only 8 days this time around and I've never had one longer than 10.

These soy concoctions... Where can I get my hands on them???

Soy isoflavones bought me a solid day, maybe even more on my lp :) I couldn't find any in town (which is absurd because I live in a big city) so I ordered some on amazon.com

Well now AF has arrived, I can say Soy Isoflavones added two days to my luteal phase and extended it from 11 days, which was on the shorter end, to 13 days, which is quite respectable! So yay! Hopefully this cycle they'll bring me a BFP too!

Well now AF has arrived, I can say Soy Isoflavones added two days to my luteal phase and extended it from 11 days, which was on the shorter end, to 13 days, which is quite respectable! So yay! Hopefully this cycle they'll bring me a BFP too!

Sorry to hear that squirrel' hopefully next time! And at least you LP is extending! How many days in your cycle are you taking the soy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->