can stress & crying harm my LO?

lnic1970

mum of 3
Reaction score
im worrying coz me & OH had a big barny this morning (ok now tho) & i got a bit hysterical & ended up screaming & shouting then crying really hard for ages after, infact ive been a bit of an emotional wreck the past few weeks & have been crying loads - will this have had any bad effects on my LO? im a paranoid mess at the mo that something is going to be wrong..

a greeksmom we are exactly the same far along in our pregnancies, why are you pushing for May?

Inic1970 - As pregnancy makes everyone hormonal and cry more, then 95% of babies would be harmed by what you have just described!!
Baby will be fine and you will feel a lot better getting it all out through crying than keeping it in

cause i was told first i was due may 27th then when i had my first ultrasound they said i was a week behind and due june 3. i want to give birth in may lol

It's perfectly okay to cry and all, nothing happens. I have major fights with my husband now and then too, and the hormones (what don't they cause?) make us really high-strung, thinking that this is the end of the world. But it isn't and things will get better tomorrow, which is a whole new day. Plus we pregnant women have loads on our plates (and our bellies). We are not saints, so I say we can let it out as much as we want! Keeping it inside would be worse, I think. Take care!

During early pregnancy, and yesterday ha, I've had my share of arguments & crying spells,
all thanks to the raging hormones.
Its okay to have some stress once in awhile, and crying spells won't hurt your LO,
believe me, I've had quite a few of them. (crying spells, not children this is my first haha)

they say that if you are super stressed while pregnant baby can sense that and can make them a stressed out person...now when i had my first i was 16 going to school working 2 jobs and trying to find time to still see oh i was a stress ball. i didnt believe what my doctor told me when he said that, and sometimes i still dont but my little monkey is now almost 6 and she is very stressed, i feel so guilty and bad for her and when she gets stressed she freezes and refuses to do anything, pretty much like any other 6 year old... anxiety disorders run in my family though and have played a big part in this i think, i had my first panic attack when i was 7 years old! i am very certain that your LO will be 100% perfect
dont worry about it your baby will be fine

Baby can pick up on stress and upset, although i wouldnt worry too much. A little stress wont do much, plus if you need to cry let it out, holding it in could make you stress more. Im sure baby will be ml though hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->