• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can teething cause a hoarse/raspy voice?

S

socitycourty

my Lo has been fussy and clingy today, seems like her teeth are bothering, no other signs of being ill ...she's eating, drinking and playing, no temperature.

I'm wondering if teething can cause her to have a raspy voice and also to just be really fussy/clingy? she's got 2 on the bottom that erupted and I don't see any holes anywhere else....

:wacko:

I don't know whether a hoarse voice is linked to teething but LO's voice has also been bit hoarse lately and she has just cut her first tooth. Coincidence? :shrug:

yeah it's just one of those things..............teething can be so strange!

Mine too! It's such an odd thing !

I know she's not sick and she's cutting her first two teeth as we speak

I had exactly the same thread last week and was told no, it's from excessive crying, only she hasn't cried excessively so I vote yes it can! Elsie's still a tad raspy now!
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/baby-club/1720697-hoarse-voice-3mths.html

yeah she still sounds it today......and hasn't done very much crying so i do think teething........such strange side effects!

My LO gets a hoarse voice as though she has a terribly sore throat and she also gets a cough when teething, but dosent suffer with dribbling, runny nose or any of the 'usual' teething symptoms so i think this is hers iykwim! Shes also been extremely clingly and wingey last week or so and is currently cutting four top teeth! So yes i do think its a symptom! The doctor told me its caused by excess saliva in her throat and as it dosent run out, so too speak, it causes a hoarse voice and chesty sounding cough! xx

Interesting. I've had the same problem this week. Extremely clingy and sounds like she's losing her voice. I thought it must have been her crying a lot while I was at work Monday but I'm assured she didn't, and she doesn't cry much anyway, just whines when mardy. No teeth that I can feel yet but she's way too wriggly for me to have a good look/feel. I think itmust be a symptom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvaAriasmom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->